1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS Hydraulic lock ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snoman910, Feb 5, 2012.

1. snoman910

snoman910 Junior Member

I recently bought a HTS Western plow and can not figure out the hydraulic lock for back dragging. Also, my blade skips and shutters on concrete. I was wondering if the springs need to adjusted or? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

For the scrape lock you just need to make sure your float light is not on, if it is then the lift ram can be pushed up. When you let the plow down just bump the up button and float goes off, then the blade will stay where it is. As for the shuddering you could certainly try adjusting the springs. When I build a plow I tighten the springs until I can get a credit card or ciggarette pack between any coil in the spring. Smooth concrete shouldn't make it trip.

3. snoman910

snoman910 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I have been using it that way i just thought it would clean better. This plow seems to be very tinny and the way it jumps makes me wonder. I will try adjusting the the springs. Thanks again.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

It could help to have the scrape lock pressure increased also. In oct 2009 they decided to set it 100 lbs higher than they had previously, so if it was built before that, that might not be done yet.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The chattering is the attack angle, our Fisher HT does the same thing.

6. snoman910

snoman910 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I had wondered if that may be the issue.