1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HTS and back dragging??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

this plow is awful at backdragging, even with the backdrag edge installed. is there anything i can do to make it better.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

It is just an hts. But they have down pressure, that should help. R u using down pressure?

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

I'm using the scrape lock but it is nothing like snoway's down pressure.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Yes I remember that scrape lock thing on the HTS. Have never had the chance to try it out though. I think you are probably stuck with the crappy back drag simply because the blade is so light. I would suggest putting some weight on it but it's just too light a plow to be adding anything. Really, that plow is designed for people who want to do their own driveway. It's not nearly enough for anything commercial, we call it the "hobby plow." I don't have any suggestions other than to get a bigger, heavier plow. Sorry.

5. jandjcarpentry

jandjcarpentry Senior Member
    from MA

I would put a hinged back drag blade on it. I have a Boss Sport Duty with a hinged backseat blade. Works great.

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

agreed the hinged backdrag bars are way better than any bolt on ones.