1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HT series what do you think?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ned, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

time to replace the old plow. I have been looking at the the HT series. I'm looking for feedback from current HT users and comparisons to the old style chain lift system. do you like the system? problems you have encountered etc Thanks

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ld or sd much better plow!

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

If it is going on a midsize or half ton its a great plow. I had one on my Colorado and it worked for what I did. I had a problem with the jack and that was it. I wanted to get into doing some more driveways so I looked for an SD but ended up trading it in with the truck. I give it my approval Thumbs Up.

4. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

thanks for the input. I was looking at the sd, but two dealers told me Fisher didn't recommend it for my k1500 ext. cab.

5. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

i was looking at the sd, but 2 fisher dealers said it wasn't recommended for my k1500 ext cab.
    Thanks

6. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

Stik, what happens when the Ht hits a snow bank-does the plow float up does it say fixed??

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

In reference to stacking I suppose so but I was raising at the same time. If your plowing through snow banks it would react like any other it may ride up a bit but would go back to float.

8. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

Thanks Stik

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Your 1500 will handle a 7.5' SD fine. My 2002 Chevy 1500 reg. cab handles my 7.5' SD great. The SD is what I would recommend.

10. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

thanks for the input

11. jsecape

jsecape Junior Member
    from Maine

Ht

Hello
    I have an Ht 2 years old i am selling.

12. ned

ned Junior Member