1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HT Series (1500/150 etc)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nbannan, Oct 13, 2009.

1. nbannan

nbannan Member

Info and questions about the new HT Series plows.

1. I am having plow Mount & dismount issues as the Jack pin slips out.
    2. hydraulic lift seems to leave valve open so head moves toward plow causing lights to tip toward plow & catches on truck plastic when removing!

Anyone else know if the HT series is supposed to Lock the Hydraulic valve when power is off/out of "Float" mode? Maybe it is a sequence of events problem, but I have had things work OK at one point & now seems very touchy. Had to manually lift plow to get it back on truck...not fun! I admit I am a rookie but it seems strange that the lift cylinder can compress once power is removed from the plow lift module. any ideas appreciated.:dizzy:

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Issue 1: Sounds to me that the jack stand was put together incorrectly, or your just not using it correctly. I am not too familiar with the HT's as there brand new. Where is it collapsing, the bottom section or the top?

44.jpg

Issue 2: Not so sure I know what you are talking about here, but like any MM plow, the headgear does tilt forward, then causing the mount side to tilt up. If I am on the right track here, your saying the push plate receivers on the plow is snagging the underside of the plastic valance on your truck? I would have to see a pic of your truck, but it sounds to me like you need to either cut more of the valance, or remove it all together....again depending on the model of the truck an what has already been done.

It is entirely possible that issue one is causing issue two. Maybe you should go back to your dealer and have them show you how to mount and dismount it. If there is an issue while there doing it they can address it as they should of the first time around......unless this was a self install.

Hope that helps, good luck!

44.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. RepoMan207

from Maine

After thought....The hydraulics work in the opposite fashion then the Minute Mounts......Could possible be a hydraulic issue at work here. There could be an air bubble, or not enough Fluid causing the piston to retract, then causing your other issues. Check the fluid level, or take it back to the dealer.

4. nbannan

nbannan Member

Jack Pin

Thanks for the info.
    I found a new Jack Pin listed on the Fisher website under revised documents.
    Not sure if it is a recall item or just a notice (I'm hoping they give you the new style).
    Looks like they discovered the issue right after mine was installed (Aug 3 09)
    The pin isn't long enough & there is always a bit of play in the mechanism/bolt.
    The pin is supposed to hang 1/4 in past the frame & mine is recessed in the hole even when fully pushed into the locking slot.

I agree the part 2 could be tied to the jack being wobbly etc. I am just not sure if the hydraulic valving is supposed to lock the cylinder in a static location as the unit has no chain etc. The first couple of times I had the plow on it seemed to always lock unless I had the connections on & the controller in "float".

I am taking it to a Fisher dealer next monday to have it looked at. Thanks again
    NB

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Let us know what they say. I am willing to bet it is a Hydraulic Fluid issue of some sorts.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same problem, Ill look into getting a new pin. I tightened the bolt seemed to take care of the wobbling. I think it stays in float mode, I just try not to push it forward to collapse the piston.

7. nbannan

nbannan Member

Nw JackPin more info

I stopped by a local Fisher dealer to see if they were in the know of a recall on the new pin.
    Service mgr said he has not had a recall notice etc.
    I am bringing the unit in on Monday to see if there is anything else out of order.
    I'll post once it is all working proper.
    Nice to hear I am not the only one seeing the jack issue!

8. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

Thanks for the info about the revised documents concerning the jack pin on the new HT plows. I have the same problem with the jack pin on a new HT plow I just had put on a few weeks ago. It barely catches at times. When I was first trying putting the plow on and off it would slip out. Your right, it's no fun lifting it by hand. I just printed out the revised documents and am going to contact my dealer to have the new jack pin put on. Fisher nor the dealer better not charge for it. It was a design defect.

9. nbannan

nbannan Member

I agree design flaw-should be a freebie

I guess we will find out if it is a free replacement. I went by the plow shop &the service mgr at the plow shop stated he would have to see if it was something the dealer that sold me the plow had installed improperly.He had no notice from Fisher about a Jack pin recall etc.(I showed him the article from the Fisher website-I was hoping i it was something they needed to order, that they could have it ready for my visit-guy looked at me like I was nuts?)
    I bought the plow from the dealer that sold me the truck (Mostly cause I wanted to roll the financing into one bill). Supposedly they install them regularly at this particular car/truck dealer. Everything looks like the pictures & schematics etc. and it seems to operate properly with the exception of dismounting! Seems like the truck dealer did a fairly nice job as wiring is neat and cuts for Push plates are clean etc.
    I am going to an official "Fisher" dealer (They are much closer to my home) to have them check it Monday. Will post once I have results
    payup

10. nbannan

nbannan Member

Went to Fisher Dealer

I went to have the setup looked at by the local Fisher Dealer. They tightened the Jack bolt that it pivots on. I showed them the new pin posted on fisherplow website & Service manager said he checked with his contact at fisher & there is no recall or Pin. WTF?
    How can they post what is a very different looking part & have no record. Anyway the tightened jack is better, but it can still pop out of the locking location. If I bump the plow going in or out it could easily fall off the jack.
    More importantly, I think I figured my rookie error out on why the plow was so tough to get on & off. The area where I park the plow has a slight grade. It is pretty subtle, but I noticed that one side seemed to drop more than the other when I disengaged the plow. I built a shim for the low end out of 2 2x4's screwed together & voila! Mounts like a charm (well that & tying up the chevy license plastic with some black tiewraps to help it stay away from the crossbar) I would still like to get that longer Jack pin assembly as it is still too short, but I am at least ready to roll for the first snow.:D

11. nbannan

nbannan Member

Picture of Pin & PDF article on Fisher Website

I know I'm not losing it. Here is the new pin from Fisher website!

Fisher-Pin-Fix.png

12. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

I just talked to my distributor and then called Fisher directly about this problem and deleted posting. Fisher said they have recognized the problem with the jack pin on the new HT plows and will be sending out new longer replacement ones. The posting above which was on their website Monday has been taken down temporarily. It was put up prematurely. I asked them if the new ones would be installed at no charge. The person I spoke to said yes they would be. I also mentioned that the connecting pins to the truck frame area do not going through 100% at times and they should look at that area also. When putting the plow on sometimes I have to "gigle" the plow to make sure they go through the other side of the attachment arm second plate area all the way. If there is an ice/snow buildup that affects the pins slightly when putting it on they may not fully extend through to the other side of the attachment arm area. If they were also a little longer they would better.

13. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

There is a new pressure setting for the lift ram to address the tipping head gear issues.
    Contact your dealer or Fisher it is a new update as we just got notice of it this morning.

14. nbannan

nbannan Member

Parts & Pieces forthcoming

Thanks for the info.
    I spoke to fisher directly & they said the Pins are coming but the vendor that supplies them was behind on fulfillment. He thinks 2-3 weeks + before they arrive. He did mention the new pressure setting for the HT to keep the headgear upright as well. I will get both done once the pins arrive for the Jack. I was pleased with Fisher phone support. I wish they had email support listed so it was a bit handier time-wise. P.S. the article about the pins is still on the site, but you need to do a search to grab it. The hyperlink has been removed from updated documents however.:salute:

15. nbannan

nbannan Member

Repairs finally done

Thanks to Tucks Trucks in Hudson.
    Fisher shipped in a pin for the repair (Sounds like they are allocated by units sold)
    The new jack pin really helps to hold the jack properly.
    The increased Pressure on Headset keeps it from tipping as well.
    just thought I'd post my HT repair results.:)

16. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

Thanks for the update. I was just going to update my situation also. My dealer Wrights Trailer in Seekonk also just installed the new pin and adjusted the pressure. However, I also complained to them and Fisher directly that the connecting pins are not always attaching properly. In fact during the first "slush" snow storm on wiggle out about an inch or so. Luckily I check the are before in came out of the center bracket. I set it in float, wiggle the head and it went back in. I have similar problems getting the connector to sit into the interior plate of the plow bracket. I have to wiggle the head alot or kick the pin all the way in. It will just miss by an eighth of an inch or so, but does not always fully engage. I do not think the tension on the spring is strong enough. In order to decrease the weight of the plow to accomodate the lighter half ton pickups they cut these items too thin on allow any tolerance. My dealer said to keep an eye on it and when it happens again to take a picture. I will do that and see where it goes. It plows fine, but these bugs have to get worked out. Hopefully Fisher rectifies everything before it damages something.

17. nbannan

nbannan Member

since this is my first plow, i jusf figured the wigglw of heasgear was normal.
    I also built a shom block to put under plow. That really helped in drive-in & Drive-out.
    I was always on center but the plow would move /drag.
    My park / drop area had about a 2 inch list side to side.
    Now things seem much better, still wiggle headgear but it pops on fairly nice.
    Keep us posted!

18. JMS

JMS Member

I must be lucky with that problem, I havent had any problems with the jack stand yet. BUT anybody else have problems with losing the lower pin on the hydrolic lift cylinder, I have lost it twice, I'm not sure if the pin is shering off or losing the retaining clip and slipping out, I know this pin is under alot of pressure, but maybe this is a problem fisher should look at too.

19. nbannan

nbannan Member

Pin Under Lift Cylinder

I will have to check mine. So far 2 storms & all worked well.
    Thanks for the info.

20. JMS

JMS Member

just talked to my dealer, he said it is probably the retaining clip slips off alowing the pin to come out, he sugests getting the slip over pin locks, you know the ones that look like a circle with the pin in the middle. I would think that will fix the problem,there is no way that the actual pin is being sheared off and not causing damage to the mounting plates.