1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HT No Blade Movement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vwharlock, Feb 20, 2013.

1. vwharlock

vwharlock Junior Member

Good evening all - New to the forum and looking for some help. I have a HT 7.5' on a 2003 Silverado. It was put on last year, works great, love it. Last night on my first run of plowing after I raised the plow into a snow bank the blade stopped responding. The on/off light on the fish stick started blinking and did not respond to anything. I called my Fisher dealer and set up a time to meet with him at his shop. At the shop, initially the blade dropped but again, no more movement. We replaced the battery, relay, motor, the relay module and the wires from the battery to the plow. None of these solved the issues. When operating the fish stick you can hear clicking where it is trying to relay but there is no movement. On a whim, we connected jumper cables from the batter directly to the plow motor and voila the plow operates just fine. I'm game for whatever info you all have. I'm scheduled to meet at the shop again tomorrow but they are as stumped as I am. Thoughts? Ideas?

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Bad controller.

3. vwharlock

vwharlock Junior Member

Are you talking about the fishstick control itself or the control board that all the wires plug into mounted near the plow motor? If the latter, we took a working board off of another plow truck and put it in place too. When using the jumper cables we essentially jump that so that was one of the items we went to.

As my head wandered on this the only thing that keeps coming back to me is that the only difference by using the cables and jumping all those items that we replaced is the fact that there is a sure fire ground when connected to the battery. That's the first thing we are checking this am.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The Fish-Stik itself, the PC board in those go bad.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pretty sure Sierra is talking about the fish stick. Your dealer should let you try a new controller before buying.

Are you jumping ground to the plow or positive? If ground you must have a bad connection or broken wire.

Edit: Dam I must be a slow typer.

6. vwharlock

vwharlock Junior Member

Why would the plow work when jumping from the battery to the plow motor if the Fishstick is the problem? We connected the jumper cables on both pos and neg direct from battery to posts on plow motor and plow operated just fine.

7. kimber750

If jumping both right to plow motor will run constantly. You are saying you can control plow while you have power jumped to motor? Try just jumping the ground. Did you test the relay?

8. vwharlock

vwharlock Junior Member

I'm waiting for them to get done plowing this morning to go back into their shop to work on the plow again. Yes, we can control the plow while the power was jumped. We replaced the relay. When I get in the first thing I'm going to do is test the ground, so simple but I'm hoping that's it. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and ideas

9. kimber750

Have seen plenty of bad new relays over the years. Need to eliminate all the simple things first.