1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HT headlight problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Glenn81, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Glenn81

Glenn81 Junior Member

Hi all I'm trying to help a friend out. He installed a new HT plow on his 04 Silverado. Everything works fine except for the low beam headlights, they both work but are on very dim. I tried to help him out, fuses are good and everything is good on the truck itself. We checked coming from the truck on the low beam harness there is good power and ground. The B side of the fisher connector is on the same side as the lock tab. If we unplug one side the right plow light goes out but the left one does get bright, also if we put a ground in the center pin of the plow light when it's on low beam both lights will get bright. Hope someone can give us a place to go next. Thanks in advance.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the a and b on the headlight plugs. Sounds like you have them reversed. Also ck fishers website for any wiring info

3. Glenn81

Glenn81 Junior Member

I've tried switching the plug in to the opposite side which has the A showing. When I do this though the low beam lights on the plow don't work at all.

I've looked on Fishers site but haven't noticed anything wrong.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Are the contacts clean? Is this brand new wiring or used?

5. Glenn81

Glenn81 Junior Member

Yes the contacts are clean and the plow was new October 2012. Could it be the 3 port module?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Still under warranty? Take it back ams let the dealer fiddle with it

7. Glenn81

Glenn81 Junior Member

He installed the plow himself