1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HT handheld controller

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cycleman, Jan 22, 2016.

1. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

Here I go again worrying if the plow control will work now that we have heavy snow again and have to work it. The red power blinks sometimes and controller will not angle plow. I have to stop, raise blade and then angle and lower. Had this problem before and got a new controller. Worked great till today when we got heavy snow again. Worried that there may be a time when I stop and raise it so it will angle again that it won't raise. Then I am XXXX out of luck. Plow is on a 2010 Silverado. Anyone know where I can get just the chip since I still have the old controller and can "operate" on it??? (If that is the problem) PS: won't buy an HT again!

2. cycleman

cycleman Junior Member

should have said

I think I need the circuit board for the MM2 HT plow with hand held controller. I am just frustrated with my Fisher plow since the controller seems to be having the same problem again. I have always had Fisher plows and never had a problem till I got this one, and now always worried if the controller will work as I am plowing. Have to stop, at times turn off controller than back on for it to raise and then angle. Pretty tough when I am going up a steep hill and need to raise it a little to keep going.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sounds like a loose connection of sorts more than the PC board in the controller. Check the following:

Check the controller connection, is it tight, seated fully? Is there any loose wires on either side of the connectors?

Under the hood, follow the control harness out of the firewall, at the end there is a square 4 pin connector that attaches the battery harness, make sure this connection is seated fully and clicked in.

Check the power harness(es) to the plow at the grill, both sides, clean them, make sure there is no debris, dirt, or corrosion, make sure the wires going to the back of the connections aren't loose or chaffed. I've had the connection become loose with certain movements, and reconnect tightly enough to operate properly with others. Check that this isn't happening to you. Even go as far as to tape the connectors together if in doubt.

Remove the shroud at the plow, make sure the connection to the coil/valves are tight, and the plugs are plugged into the plow side ISO are seated properly and clipped in.

Last but not least, take the controller apart, make sure the plug onto the PC board is fully seated.