1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hrs for storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawncare18, Feb 12, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Hey guys.. How did everyone make out with the nor'easter... How many hrs you guys been putting in? Sounds like its one of the worst storms ever for many of you. Keep us updated on how its going for ya!!!!

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We were supposed to get at least a little from this storm but NADA! sunny and in the 30's :realmad:

3. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

16 hrs. here plowing road for town

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

How have the roads been .. you guys keeping up?

5. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I we put in 13hrs today, and im anticipating another 4 hrs. Tomorrow morning.

6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Lucky you guys, O well!!! Stay safe out there.:nod:

7. snowdevil

snowdevil Junior Member

14 hours today , probably a full day tomorrow, I had to leave something undone at almost every commercial account to keep time just to make the places open to traffic. We had up to four inches per hour in the middle of it in Western CT, In the middle of the day I got an SOS call for a tow, a buddy of mine slid down a driveway took off a garage door, door frame, the corner of the building, everything...it was quite a site...I got him out of the hole, can't say much for the garage- the customer didn't seem to mind all that bad.:realmad: What a day

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I put in a good 16 hrs, and I may have to go out tomorrow morning for more fun. payup

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Measured 18" at my house. Roads are very good in most of the area, everyone kept/ is keeping up with it fine. Drifting is a problem but won't be once the winds die down. Temps were around 25 when the snow started and fell to the upper teens by noon making for nice powder that was easy to push. I have been out on and off since 7 am, I just got back about 20 mins ago. I will be back out tommrrow before the commute to make sure everyone is completely clean then likely plowing parking spaces at a condo complex in the middle of the day when everyone is at work. It snowed very hard for quite a while but it was not a huge deal to keep up with, I'll take this over 4" of slop any day.

10. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

16 hrs doin commercial jobs this storm was something else had trouble keepin up o yea meyers plows blow hope everyone had a good day and didn't break anything

11. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

my buddy put in 30...24 doing commercial 6 doing resi's...all in an '89 F-250

12. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

started at 9 am came in at 10 pm
    nice lite stuff but it was iceeeeee
    i was actually amazed people stayed in
    i did have a guy on a sled pass me on 495
    he must have been doing 80...

13. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

16 hours start to finish. Had about 2 hours of down time on one truck with a bad solenoid (probably from lack of use). Thank gawd for S&S, and Thanks Rob and Frank for the help. Fortunately wewere back up and running just as the heavy stuff started. Will be headed back out in the A.M to salt.

Had a good time, even though I broke the mirror on my new F250, and found out somethings wrong with the 4x4. At least its under warranty.

All in All... Its about Damn Time.

14. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

Hey,

just got home from staten island, ny. I think we had 25-26 inches and i was out for 21 hours. i started a thread last week asking the long time plowers how do you plow a huge storm like 25-30 inches and now I can add my self to that list, Wow, are the bills are going to be huge, like 5Xpayup , hehe, one last thing, my chevy2500hd hands down kicked some ass in those 4-6 foot drifts,

15. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

24 and counting

21+" here,started at 2am sun morning and still at it. work for town we still have to plow schools and sand everything, 24 and counting @ doubletimepayup

16. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping Member

12hrs here. goodnight

17. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

About 18 hours plowing commercial lots..Salt in the AM maybe another 2 hours.payup payup payup

18. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

we got 30 inches of snow. we went out with both trucks at around 9:00pm saturday night, didnt get back till 4:00 this morning (monday morning) i havent figured out the hours yet but god damn im shot. my f-250 had to finish 45minutes early becuz we blew out a u-joint:realmad: i know what ill be doing today:dizzy:

19. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

I feel the pain of breakdowns. Originally we were to get 12", then downgraded to 8", and then right before it began snowing they changed it to 1-3". We had all commercials open by 6:30 a.m. went to get the Intl. to salt and the airlines were frozen. (somebody didn't park it inside) De-thawed them went to salt the first property and broke the sprocket and hub assembly on the auger. After a 3 hour repair process we finally got to salt.

20. Groove

Groove Junior Member
    from Boston

18 hours and more clean up tonight.

Slippery stuff. Was fun watching people do the slow motion slide.