1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hps plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by TCLS88, Dec 31, 2010.

1. TCLS88

TCLS88 Member
    from MIDWEST

Can I put a Western HTS plow on a 2010 Jeep Wrangler ? Also would I have to do any modifications to install it. Thanks.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

since western web site dont even list a jeep you will probably have to have a custom mount made.

then add air shocks or air bags to the front and 2 to 300 LB counter weight to the rear. and dont forget REAL snow tires

3. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Yes the HTS can be mounted to a '10 Jeep. It is listed on the Western site. It is one of the plows that comes up when running a vehicle match. This is new this year and Fisher also makes a mount for the Jeep for their version of the plow. Local Western dealer I was talking to recommended the plow for the new JK Jeeps.

4. theplowmeister

from MA

I go to the Western web site and all they list are

Chev
    GMC
    Dodge
    ford

no Jeep ??????

Not saying the plow is not apropreate for the jeep. I dont see a mount.

FOUND IT

They must NOT want Jeep sales, you have to go to the upper right of the web site and in the search box put in Jeep.

5. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Selection Summary

2010, JEEP, WRANGLER.

The vehicle has a 4x4 drive train, SU-2DR body style, 3.8L V6 engine type, 2650 minimum FGAWR, 3000 minimum RGAWR, 4900 minimum GVWR, and H13 headlamp type.

The blade selected is 7'-6" HTS™. The control type selected is Handheld Control.

No ballast is required.

Some vehicles may require suspension aids to maintain adequate ground clearance. This model is equipped with the UltraMount® mount system.

3 Port Isolation Module 4 Port Isolation Module

Plow Components

Blade Assembly:
    Mount Assembly:
    AQ&L Box 1:
    AQ&L Box 2:
    Hydraulic Kit:
    Light Kit:

Headlamp Harness:
    DRL: Yes No
    3 Port Isolation Module:
    Handheld Control:
    Date:

Please click 'Next' to continue...

Legal Info Privacy Policy

This is a copy from the Western web site, quick match.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  6. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Selection Summary

2010, JEEP, WRANGLER.

The vehicle has a 4x4 drive train, SU-2DR body style, 3.8L V6 engine type, 2650 minimum FGAWR, 3000 minimum RGAWR, 4900 minimum GVWR, and H13 headlamp type.

The blade selected is 7'-6" HT Series™. The control type selected is Handheld Control.

The required ballast is 30 lbs.

Some vehicles may require suspension aids to maintain adequate ground clearance.

3 Port Isolation Module 4 Port Isolation Module

Plow Components

Blade Part Number:
    Common Attachment / Headgear Kit:
    A-Frame Kit:
    Peculiar Attachment Kit:
    Hydraulic Kit:
    Handheld Control:

Common Light Kit:
    Headlamp Harness:
    DRL: Yes No
    3 Port Isolation Module:
    Date:

From the Fisher Plow web site

7. theplowmeister

from MA

Ha Ha What a dummy

When I click on Quick match it takes you to a help page, I scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down box with
    Chevy gmc dodge ford.

BUT ITS A DEMO got to go to the page top and click on START QUICKMATCH Thumbs Up

:blush2: