1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how's this

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Jan 7, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I need to get some tires for my 2000 Silverado 1500. The BFG All Terrain is what I would really like, but they are expensive. What do you think of the BFG Long Trails? Any other suggestions that are equivalent to the All Terrains?

2. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

All Terrains are spendy but they last forever. A buddy and I just put them on our Chevys, I got mine from Tirerack and he got his from Townfair Tire in Newington NH. It is a great long lasting tire though.

3. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I love them. I have them on my '79 Chevy and I took that thing on the woods and they were incredible. Through mud, and over rocks.

Steve

4. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Just put them on my Tahoe. Long Trails were not much less than the All Terrain ATs here in DC. Make the truck look great!

tires1.jpg

tires2.JPG

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Dunlop radial rover RT's are pretty cheap, what I run and have great traction

I ran yokohama geolander 2's on a 1/2 ton and liked em quite a bit and they are pretty cheap. Good AT tire that did good in the snow.

BFG is a good tire but pricey IMO and owned by a french CO. goodyear is owned by a US co and dunlop is under goodyear. Another reason i went dunlop

6. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I'll check them out. Thanks

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

take a look at tirerack com

You can atleast get an idea on whats out there. I buy most of my tires from them and they are pretty good to work with

8. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Has anyone every used Continental Sportiva's? I went to a tire shop and they said it's equivlent to the BFG All Terrain.