1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How's this for DD Blizzard JUNK!?!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by got-h2o, Dec 2, 2011.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

One season. 54" total snowfall. One large blizzard towards the end of the season.

99 Dodge Cummins

DISCUSS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My buddie's sausage fingers ;) :

[​IMG]

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Subscribed....

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What's there to discuss? It's clearly abuse, like every other problem with a DD product.:rolleyes:

Shoot, look at your sig line. Your spreaders are loaded too heavy.:laughing:

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

LMAO. Must have been the spreader!

Lol really though, the plow is in tip top shape. Nothing hit, nothing damaged, nothing bent. 100% wear and tear. The spreader in this truck is an Airflow 1.8yd withOUT sides. Bags out back and super springs up front. I know you guys are busting balls, but wanted to clear that up as well.

I'm going to post pics shortly of a plowside that was obviously abused, but totally unrelated. I bought one as is and broken.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

One simple design flaw in my opinion...........................There should be a cross beam between the individual side mounts. Well, it should still be a PH1 design b/c this would never have happened, but..........................

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Not familiar with the Blizzard mount, but it looks to me it failed just from the weight of the plow alone. It doesn't appear to be damage from pushing.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I had a DD product with what I felt was one simple design flaw. Apparently I was the only one who could see that A, there is a problem; and B, it's not too tough to fix.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's an UNRELATED plow. This I just recently bought off of craigslist. My plan was to re-tube and reinforce the a-frame and make it as good as.....well better than new. To my surprise after better inspection, I found the rear most cross brace/mounting section is bent as well, and so is the light bar. Enough that the a-frame can't be straightened, and bent so much to where the plow would never sit straight. I have no idea what they hit, but I hope the driver is ok. The board itself is slightly inverted, but it shouldn't affect functionality (I hope!). As for the a-frame, I can get better pics, but had these on hand. I can't believe how chinsy the material is on these a-frames. Redic. Again, a PH1 design would never have done this. We've dealt with bent a-frames in the past, but nothing like this.

I paid $2k for the plowside plus a few hours travel time and fuel. Not bad for a near new plowside, but I wish I knew how severe it was before I went to get it. Repairs and a new truckside may make it not worth the "used" purchase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Pics don't show it too well. It's worse than what it looks honestly.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The second pic shows the light bar twist pretty well. And the A-frame is clearly shacked.

Mangled...

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Exactly. They sure "improved" the design though huh? Take a flawless design, cheapen it up, and make it more technical. That's improved.

It's my buddies truck. We'll fix it, beef it up so it's better than factory and roll with it. Nothing we can't handle. But it's pathetic that we have to.

As for the LP, it's my baby. I bought it as is and can live with that. Maybe insurance covered it once for all I know. But I'm sure they'll be real proud of the replacement parts. I bet the a-frame lists for every bit of $700+

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I almost bet the light tower will straighten out (enough) with a straight a-frame. It's pretty flimsy so I bet it'll tweak right back into shape.

15. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Someone must have died using that plow...
    Could be cursed..?

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Come on man. That sh!t creeps me out. I intentionally didn't want to think that way LOL

17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

How bad of an impact would do that? And how does the blade come out undamaged.

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya I have no idea. The slide boxes don't even show dulled paint from ever opening. If you look straight down the blade in person, it is tweaked a little. I noticed it originally from the back side. The angled plate over the slide box cavities on the back of the blade have small creases where it tweaked. It was definately a hard hit of some sort and had to be slammed into from the front. It's crazy that the lights didn't break either.

19. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

get a new a frame lights will straighten out

20. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Could be that someone tboned the plow truck and never actually hit the plow. Then the plow tried to twist and the aframe just gave way. Too bad you cant put a PH1 on that blade.