1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How's this for $150 bucks?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

How's this score for $150? 8' Fisher speed cast with everything needed to mount back onto a 1980's F350 or F250. Engine pump hydraulics and the nice old school lights. I got it off Ebay and pick it up later this afternoon. The funny thing is that I don't even have a truck for it :dizzy: But how do you go wrong for this price and 30 minutes from the house?

PICS WILL BE ADDED TONIGHT

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

sounds like a deal.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Just picked it up. No idea what I am going to do with it yet. It's in pretty good shape, but it needs a good cleaning and a good paint job. No holes or dents and the cutting edge has a lot of life left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a standard truck that plow will kick ass, I used one for 16 yrs like that.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You definitely won on that deal! nice plow....depending on what year MM plow you get for your truck, you can use that blade as a replacement if the other one is junk.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks guys. It brings back memories of my plowin' days back home in Mass. This is all I used and they never ever let me down!! I'd like to find a mid 80's Ford 250 or 350, auto, reg cab and put a utility box on it and start a small welding business and/or mobil auto repair (light repairs only, you know, the stupid stuff you can do in the driveway). I got a ton of ideas :rolleyes:

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

$150 damn. my buddy is looking for something simmilar for his 1989 F-150

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Nice! I scored 2 weeks ago...a Fisher 1000 that is 3-4 years old and only used for 1 season. It also came with a new controller and the receiver mount on it. I put a 40.00 bearing on the shaft and sanded it down and repainted the frame, it looks brand spankin' new literally. I stole it for 300.00 and I have about 95.00 into it with a bearing, paint and a couple of hours of my time.

9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Well if you find the truck, you've got the plow for it already.

I still plow heavily with my Fisher speedcast, I do about 50 drives and have never had any problems other than being slow.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

They can be slow and it can get annoying, but like I said, these plows never failed me once wesport . I'll deal with the slow operation, in exchange for the dependability. One of my plow trucks was an '89 F250 5 speed with the 300 6cyl. You could speed the plow up by raising the rpms. It was a little harder to do that in my automatic trucks, unless it was in neutral.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Use two feet. One on the brake than tap the gas.

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ya, that's what I used to do.

13. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Man you got a bad deal there, if you want your money back let me know. J/K Looks like a great deal, and a great plow payup

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

:drinkup: I'll let ya know. If I want my money back

I want to find a cheap F350. It can't be rotted, but it can need some work. I'll even put it on a F350 dually dump 2x4, but would prefer 4x4 for obvious reasons. If somebody has an F350 or F250 in the 1986 era for short money, let me know.