1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How's the rubber supposed to act on rubber edge pusher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by moresnow, Jan 8, 2016.

1. moresnow

moresnow Junior Member

We have a 8ft Protech rubber edge snow pusher. Just put a new edge on it, an it rolls back??!!?! Or is it supposed to? Or was it just because we were in a warm shop with a dry concrete floor for a couple foot test run? I don't think the old edge ever rolled back an we had it adjusted lower than this new one sometimes....
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 10' Pro Tech with a rubber edge and mine does not roll back but it definitely flexes. It scrapes really well but it does seem to rob the machine of some of it's horsepower.
  3. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure you are setting it correctly, Make sure you set the front of pusher down first and then set your back of pusher. You don't need a lot of down pressure. Are your shoes okay and wearing somewhat even. I noticed on a 8' pusher I bought for my skid it appeared to flex a little more than I like than the old one.
  4. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

How is your rubber edge set? We recommend the back lower edge of the rubber be between an 1/8" and a 1/4" below the wear shoe.
  5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

set the skis on 1/4" wood or steele, let the edge touch the floor and crank down the bolts. You must use an impact wrench to crank the edge bolts, if you dont its gonna ride up when you start pushing!