1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How's Hercules NE guys?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beanz27, Jan 2, 2014.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

How bad is it over there in the NE corner of the US guys? Hope your all safe and , making money...

2. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Still just waiting here in North Jersey... Should start falling in about an hour and pick up pretty good throughout the night.

3. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

When you said NE guys I thought you meant North East but now that I think about it you probably meant New England.

4. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

No your right, meant Northeast

5. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Nothing yet, just really cold and damp. Its going to thump us overnight pretty good.

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing now..just waiting for the heavy stuff tonight. Gonna head out tomorrow around noon.

7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

It's 5:45 EST when the snow started to fall here along the coast.

Dry, almost fine powder stuff. Should be a breeze to push around compared to last time.

Looking forwards to having a little snow fun.:nod:

8. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Do you mean the Greek? As far as I know, the National Weather Service doesn't name snow storms. Just the money hungry, fear mongering, Weather Channel trying to scare the public.

9. Iawr

Iawr Senior Member

In short we are all getting antsy and want to go out, send beer

10. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

R-A-T-I-N-G-S...

I remember when it was just some fuddy duddy up there telling it like it is, no personality, and the broadcast was but a few minutes. Today, it's all about how long you can keep people entertained watching the same thing over and over again. All those poor little old ladies that wiped out the stores today....

In nice / uneventful weather, their ratings must resemble a ghost town.

11. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Getting ready to go to bed here for a couple hours then going out around 2am it looks like it tapers off around then, only suppose to get 2-4 inches should be pretty nice but winds will be picking up and pretty cold. One of my snowblower guys is out with the flu and I feel like I'm starting to get sick too, hopefully it goes well tomorrow.

12. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Playing the waiting game, plan to hit it around 1 or so

13. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Hardly living up to the name here...

14. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

15-18 in Rochester, NY on the ground and its still coming. Just got out of the truck. Eating and of to sleep. Everything clean for now, back out at 1 to finish it out. All the part-timers are out now.....

15. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

We will probably see 6-8. Will be nice to get 2 pushes on the resi's

16. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to post but I'll just steal this one:eek::laughing:

17. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

almost 17 inches already in a suburb of Boston 5 ish here in providence

18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap!!

19. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Albany area...no big deal. The governor and the media is blowing it way out of proportion. They closed the Thruway for some reason. I've done my lots a few times so far. I'll go back out in an hour or two. Time for TV and a power nap.

20. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

Started snowing at 4 AM yesterday morning, had about 5" by 5 PM, then the skies let loose here on the coast of NH. Wind and driven snow overnight, and we ended just now at 10:30 AM on Friday with about 15" on the ground. Lots of drifts, but very light snow. Temps are hovering around zero, with wind chills to -25