1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hows fast are diesels

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bt99yz125, Feb 17, 2004.

1. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

Has anybody ran there diesels on the track? Hows fast are they because i though somebody said there dmax would be running 11's with some work!

2. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Anything can be fast for a price...

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

theres a guy around here with a dually running mid 12's. his truck is all worked up with propane. last time i heard though he is on his third engine........

4. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

Ive got a super chip in my 01 7.3 diesel and all i have to say is wow.

5. alexf250

alexf250 Member

Hey psdiesel24 how's that super chip?

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got the chip and the Banks Powere Pack.:nod: Racing people is fun.:nod: :waving:

7. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

WHAT would it run on the track.

8. The Boss

Not sure. I wouldn't run on the track though. I'd like to put it on the dyno.:waving:

9. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

What have you beating on the street

10. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

How many mustangs, corvettes, camaros, chevy II's or SS's have you beat. We don't see too many diesel trucks racing on the streets or at the strip on Sunday afternoon's around here.

11. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I have beat many Ricers and Neons etc. I have beaten the occasional stock V8 Mustang, and Grand Am. Last time I ran the 1/4 I was very consistent , very low15sec. I have since done several mods and have a set of drag tires. Can't wait till this spring. I have some BIG mods planned for this season that should get me into the mid to low 12's. A guy I know runs consistent 11.1's @120mph with his 1ton CC. Neither of us run drugs. Like was said it takes a lot of money to go fast in a PSD. The Cummins are cheap to make big H/P with.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  12. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

Ggg6 what kind of truck do u have and is it 4x4

13. The Boss

Haven't raced any of those yet. I'd probably get beat but I'm definitely not afraid of a muscle car. I'm building one myself actually. It's an 81 Olds Cutlass and I'm putting a 396 Chevy in it.:nod: I race all those stupid a-- fast and furious wannabe dorks with their rice burners and loud annoying mufflers. That's what I beat. It's kind of neat seeing a huge white truck beating a little Honda or Toyota:nod: :drinkup:

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Look HERE for one that does 12.33 quarter mile at 110 mph. That's fairly fast for a PowerStroke Diesel. HERE is a little reading on a Cummins that did 11.24 @ 120 mph. The Cummins can be built up a little more than the PowerStroke. You might also read THIS ONE. 11.28 on #2 is fast.....

15. The Boss

Crumm

Those trucks will definitely run with some muscle cars!:nod: :bluebounc

16. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Same question for diesel trucks as for rice burners that want to race, WHY??? I woud have to guess, that you probably have your STS or DTS set up for the 1/4 mile also? Or is your SUV tubbed out with slicks? Seriously, maybe there is an advantage to having a 10 second truck to plow snow with or to haul your mowers with. While you are racing around to put in bids, you will be the 1st one there. Maybe I should put a plow on my stroker.

17. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Your username is gt_racer and you ask "WHY"......:p

18. The Boss

I heard that.:nod:

19. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

The last time that I had my 99 at the track it ran 15.8 and my 97 (with a 460) ran 15.3, I am going to try and find the slips to get the mph. A buddy of mine has a 01 that is identical to my 99 but he has an auto, he ran something like 14.9 or 14.8. I want to take my 03 to the strip sometime this summer to see what it will do, I am guessing it will run mid 14's.:yow!: :yow!:

20. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Your right, however I'm not racing rice burners or 4x4 diesel trucks either. I mean I love racing, but if you want to race why put money in a rice burner or a 4x4 diesel truck? If you want to race, why not build a race car? I'm just glad that you like to race, I'm just confused as to why a 3/4 ton or 1 ton diesel truck? Couldn't you find anything any heavier? To each his own. I can see a Ford Lightening, I just have not seen too many diesels in drag cars lately. Maybe I'm missing something, and I should drop the stroker and replace it with a powerstroke or a cummins.