1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How's everyone doing down south? LOL

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm sure a lot of guys are still plowing but just wondering how every one is making out down there. I saw some other video's and news clips and by the looks of the roads and parking lots seems like no one was doing or did anything even as of this morning. I was still debating to make the trip as late as Friday around 3pm but decided not to because we were supposed to get an inch or two (BUT NOTHING!) for us. Next time I will be definitely making the trip. You could have probably made a small fortune just doing driveways.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

iam sure some of the guys have to wait for the city to come plow there streets, i saw 35" on the weather channel yesterday in one of the cities down there. if i was down there id probaly have to wait too, seeing ho i have a straight blade and only 30.5 tires. i wonder if school is going to be canceld for them??? and i wonder how long there gona be plowing cuz there getting another storm wednesday.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

philly will take 3 days to dig out... then antoher foot on weds...there gonna be screwed

4. Brian Young

Wait? Definitely should have been plowing WITH the storm. But I'm sure some guys said screw it we'll wait....:laughing: and are now trying to move literally tons of snow. I wonder how many guys are kicking themselves for not taking any help. Not being arrogant but by the looks of the video's and pictures.....again, looks like no one did anything. What would be, or should be a 2-3 day plowing/clean up storm now turned into a week long cluster ****

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
  5. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

a friend of mine headed down there from Western Mass Friday night or early Saturday morning, he brought his two 3/4 ton pickups. Once he got there and was sure he would have work he sent for his F-550 to come down.

I havent heard anything more from him other than a picture of snow in Md. on Facebook, so Im assuming that hes keeping busy

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well all those guys who wanted a Blizzard will never want one again!

7. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I've been considering making the trip. Talked with a guy on the phone earlier, was all set for this storm, but nervous about the next 2 this week. Said he'd keep my number handy. But he told me if I wanted to head dow, just drive thru the neighborhoods slowly and I could probably make a small fortune.

I'm just worried about heading down with no guaranteed work, it's a 10 hour drive from here.

8. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I also thought about it but with snow coming this week cant afford to lose my customers, maybe next time if there is one we could all meet and convoy down or wherever they need help, let me know what you guys think

9. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I think I could get my stuff covered for this weeks storm.

That would be a great idea, bunch of us going together.

10. Brian Young

I would be down with that, maybe meet in a central city. I would be a definite go! If of course there was no snow in the forecast for us.

11. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I actually had someone cover my accounts on the blizzard in dec and i lost one so wont do that again but definately if we arent expecting any i would jump on it, and we should have a good one on tuesday here on Long Island, should have done it sooner

12. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I guess putting our plows in the bed is the best way to travel down

13. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

Yes, but how do we get them out when we get there?

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

tie them to a tree and pull forward.

15. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

has to be a payloader somewhere

16. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

LOL I guess that would work, at least look good on you tube

17. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I guess it would just need a guarantee of work, they should be getting hit again this week i think

18. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I was told 2 more this week. Good size ones

19. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i would love to plow

man i am in hamilton ont .... i havent even gone out this year not enough for me to run the blade... i would love to do the drive just to put the truck to work

20. Brian Young

Just got off the phone with a guy who took my number and told me they haven't even plowed 1/2 the main roads yet...wtf are they waiting for. He said roads are impassible at best. He also told me there is a ton of work to be done. If it wasnt for the Tues.-Wed. storm coming I would be packed and on my way right now. He told me they (him and I guess his crew) have been up since Thursday and still haven't plowed half of the accounts yet!