1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hows Business for everyone this year

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Jan 9, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! I was just wondering how business has been for everyone on the forum? So far the plow business has been very good here in NH. So far I have plowed 5 times this year. I just got in this evening from working on my route. I am way ahead this year then I was last year at this time.
    Happy Plowing
  2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

4 Plowable events this year, I lost one customer yesturday though because he bout a tractor with a blade oh well, I still have 22 drives with 2 on call, it was nice having yesturdays storm cause I could take my time and not have to worry about going to school, spent some extra time pushing back piles, hope we get more, its an addiction payup
  3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Yep, I must admit it is an addiction. I was going to go out last night, but I decided that it would better go out in the day light and take my time pushing back snow banks since I heard that we might get slammed on Tuesday night into Wednesday. Well I am now doing some book keeping.
  4. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

How much are they saying? I havnt done my evening ritual of surfing the weather sites. How many driveways do you have?
  5. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I have heard between 2 - 6 inches and then freezing rain after is stops snowing. I currently have 52 driveways, 1 private road and 4 fire hydrants that I voluntary plow for the fire department. It keeps me busy, but it is fun!
  6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ive been out 7 times already this year! We are 10 inches over this time last year. Personally im not in bad shape myself...Rob
  7. Langlois Enterprise

Langlois Enterprise Junior Member

This year has been very good for for us, we have done a lot of Salt & Sanding, because of all the freezing rain, we have this year in December. We also have had 4 plow days. I hope January will keep going the same way. The forecast calls for warming up next week to the 50's. :(

JPMAKO Senior Member

OK Guys,
    You are making me sick :eek:
    Not one plowable storm yet this year.
    Last week we had some snow but not enough to plow.
    At 3am during the storm we had about 1 3/4" and then it started raining :angry: - Down to a 1/2" by 4am

Oh well thank God for seasonal contracts.

9. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

6 plow trucks with not one of them dropping plow for snow, two salters that haven't even been loaded up yet. Way behind the last two winters. I have a brand new western v that i'm dying to try out. :cry: So as you guessed it 0 plowable snows and 0 salting!! I keep saying its got to come sooner or later????? :confused:
  10. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

One word CRAPPY!! only 8 plowable events, I had that last year before Thanksgiving. Has been way to warm for lakeeffect to kick in much this year, they are predicting a pattern change next weekend though(as I look out the window at it raining and 40 degrees at 7:30 am) :cool:
  11. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We have plowed 12 times so far this year, about average, but we have done a lot more salting and sanding this year. It is snowing here right now enough to go out and some work later on today and tonight,
  12. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

EEK! Last year we had snow beginning in Octoer, what do you mean better this year than last?
  13. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

1-12" Snowfall

1-4" Snowfall

1 -Salting only event

I can buy some bread, milk & lunch meat now..... I will survive :p
  14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Iam happy, we could have had more snow but i have been out 5 times, i hope for 15 plowables this winter, i think it will probley be around 10 though, well see.
  15. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Last year I only plowed twice and I did not have as many accounts