1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Howdy All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nuth, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Nuth

Nuth Junior Member

I was referred to this site from another poster on a Dodge truck fansite. I'm picking up a Dodge 3500 QC SB 4x4 the end of this month for mostly my own residential plowing (own a couple of multi family buildings) but I'd love to pick up the odd job now and then to supplement the wallet ;)

So, just wanted to say Hi! and thanks for being a great resource of information to us new folks :) :drinkup:

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Nice :nod:

Welcome bud, First year plowing?

3. Nuth

Nuth Junior Member

yup! Looking forward to it. I've been using the 'ole Craftsman Snowblower for the past years, but it takes some time doing 2 6-car parking lots. Add on a 350 ft. driveway and I decided it was time to get me a plow :)

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Good thinking :cool:

5. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

We all start somewhere...I started on a 4x4 ATV freezing my butt off. The plow was manual so my right arm got quite a workout. I had to heft the salt bags up above my chest into the spreader hopper. I moved up to a front end loader loading salt into trucks, then made a mistake of buying an old ford with a junky plow...now I am looking at a Dodge 2500, just havent decided which motor.

6. Nuth

Nuth Junior Member

regarding motors, oftentimes it's more of a preference than anything. Personally, nothing beats a Cummins :salute: