1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How'd everyone do this year?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alpine692003, Jan 28, 2007.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 Senior Member

How'd everyone do this year? Thgis year went well for us, we did almost 100k in 3 week period..

Avging 10k a day ... yet more to come!

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A_ _ H_ _ _ cental and eastern MA got NOTHIN "0" "THE BIG NADA" "ZIP" $0.00
    :yow!: :angry: :cry:

I been plowing 21 years this is by far the worst year! it was just 2 seasons ago I had my best year 20 billable events.payup :

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I wish I could get 10k a day!!! Im not even close to that realm. I usually make 10 grand all winter!!

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

you can add CT to that list. and im sure RI too.

5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

not half that well!!!!!!! but pretty good so far payup payup

6. alpine692003

My minium visits were $400 each visit, then I had malls and parking lots.. with hand shovelling and bobcat, salting services which some sites were like $2500 - 5000k per visit..

With another snow fall expected this week, I should be very close to 100k...

I don';t charge by the hour, i usually do $400 min per visits..

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

You do commercial right?? That sounds right for commercial or some big residentials

8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Only out twice in ski country

Not allot up this way only two minimal hits...
    I hope you are paying all your taxes on that $100K!!!!

9. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Those who have to talk or brag about making $100,000 in 3 weeks are lying. People who really do make that kind of money don't feel the need to post it for everyone else to see. Even if you did, then your full of yourself.

10. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

this is the only reason i read the post here.. no matter what is said there is a conflict..
    that funny as hell.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  12. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I love to see numbers that are so far out of whack from everyone else on the board.

$100k in 3 weeks.

3 weeks basically has 504 hours. Sooo... that means you averaged $200 / hour for 3 straight weeks.

Now I realize that you're talking gross numbers, not net, which is always fun to do, but what equipment were you running?

What was your salt bill??

What was your sub / employee bill??

What is your net??

So far this year I've not nearly done $100k.

One more week and I'll have collected 3 months worth of contracts for roughly $12k, and plowed a total of 32 hours.

I guess so far this year I'm averaging $375 / hour working solo. How's everyone else doing??

I love playing the numbers game.

13. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I'm not there yet, but we have only went out 3 times this season. They're calling for 3 more times in the next week though. Who knows how much we'll get though. payup

14. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

As far a posting the pic of the Lamborghini, it was a joke, just like the guy who posted a pic of his oversized yacht.

15. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I figured you were for real. I mean, doesn't everyone have a Lamborgini?:D

16. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Dont feel bad it wasnt that long ago you could buy an early Countach for what a new loaded pickup cost today....
    One of my old bosses had two a Red 84 and a Black 86S.He blew the clutch in the 84 with 2,500 miles on it and sold it for $25,000----That was around 88/89.I was told by the shop it was in the parts would be close to $20,000 as he neglected to tell me he sheared off the fly wheel bolts and put it threw the case......George had some issues.lol

17. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

Do the math......and say you have 6 trucks working at $125 per hour. You pay $75 per hour to subs.

1 truck(your own) you get the full $125 per hour..........the other 5 you sub for $70 an hour and make $55 per hour off each truck.

125+55+55+55+55+55=$400 per hour......$400@24= $9,600 PER DAY AFTER PAYING HELP and you still have salt, sidewalks and loader profit! I can see where $100,000 in extreme snow would be pretty easy to achieve, especially if you owned more than 1 truck and had a trusted driver for about $20-25 an hour. If you only work 12 hour days......you would still make $100,000 in 21 days payup

I know the guy I work for here in Indy makes $10,000+ profit everytime it snows 2"......but he has 30 of us as subs, in regular trucks.....plus his own salt trucks and guys to do walks. It would be easy for him to make $100,000 if we had 2-3 feet of snow, I have no doubt.

18. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, and again, we're talking gross.

I know of the same type of guys around here, I used to work for them as well, until I said why should I make someone else the money that I can make myself??

The above post is why I asked what he was running for equipment, salt bill, etc., so we can see what kind of net $100,000 in 3 weeks gets you.

19. Acutabovesiny

Acutabovesiny Member

Our total accumilation here in Staten Island has been 1/10 of 1 inch. But its snowing right now:)

20. alpine692003

Yah, thats all commercial.. 12 properties..

Yes of course I pay tax on all of them, how the hell can I get away with not paying tax on commercial properties?