1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How you document your accounts for plowing...

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 14, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Do any of you create sheets with specific job site plowing information? Maybe not for you but for your subs or employees?? Here is what I made up really quick..... I used photoshop to make it.....I just have to import the pic into the page, resize it and then print. I left the top parts to be hand written as handwriting seems to capture my attention more than type and I'm more apt to read it all instead of skipping parts! It prints as one full page... let me know what you think:

plow page.jpg

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Pics are good to have as well.

Attached Files:

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I do use some things like that. I always try to describe any obstacles, so on, so forth.
    I think you are on the right page. Like the picture. Think I might try that, as I just use a Polaroid for them now.

4. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I just put the date and that I plowed and send them a bill at the end of the month for everything done. I have never been questioned. Although I have just started a snow spreadsheet for my own references.

5. LLM Ann Arbor

A polaroid?

lol

Good grief man....join the new millenium.

Do they even still make film for those antiques?

6. mcwlandscaping

i use other things for billing and keeping track of when i was at a site, this is just so i can see where obstacles are and for someone else that may be plowing for me at any given time.

7. LLM Ann Arbor

Print off a google earth image too.

8. mcwlandscaping

that is a really good idea....would you happen to know how to select certain area to copy and paste? also, is there a way to get google maps to go into a hybrid mode (showing sat. image and street names)?

9. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

no sheet....just note pade that i write with a pen "location'' ''time in'' ''time out'' its to easy for me...plus its what i grew up doing when i came to plowing...did use a pda for a little but took to much time put was nice and neat...

10. LLM Ann Arbor

Up in the left corner > file> save > save image.

Done. Of course label it when you save, and just zoom in to the best resolution before saving, and as close as you need to get or can get before it gets all screwy.

I have all my properties saved.

Heres a couple examples of two commercials I do....I have others. I should say will do if it ever snows. I did these last year too, and have a couple new commercials. Another storage place...:rolleyes:, and another apt complex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. LLM Ann Arbor

By the way....if anyone wants to throw me a price on these two sites Id be curious what youd charge, and how long each would take you with a 7.5 straight blade.

12. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

They would take a good while with 1 truck.

13. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i like that setup LLM

Attached Images Snow Log.pdf (70.6 KB, 78 views)

14. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

LLM...must be a ***** getting all the snow out from between those long buildings.......