1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How would you rank these?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by EliteSnow&Ice, Mar 30, 2011.

1. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

I am looking for a new pcs of equipment, $30k is my limit. We already have 7 trucks no loaders or skidsteers

1. used 3/4 truck blizzard 810 with back blade

2. some sort of skid loader with kage plow

3. tracked unit with kage/ or box blow

4. small used tractor say 50hp with front blade or box

5. small used loader with box plow.

2 to 5 acre lot, drive time btween lots 10 to 15 mins by truck

Sure there are some varibles about equipment options but i am looking for just some suggestions.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

More info is probably needed. If you plan on roading the tractor or loader it would be at least a 30-45min drive.
  3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Are you snow only? Would you have a use for any of the tractors/skid loaders/loaders the rest of the year? Do you plan on hauling to jobs or leaving on larger sites or strictly driving between jobs?
  4. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

If your driving the unit between jobs a tractor 60 hp to 90 hp will get you there in better time than a skid steer, If you can transport a skid steer on a tilt bed trailer that works great to. Loading and unloading the skid steer can be done in just a few min.( if you have the right equipment ) I use both tractors & skidsteers they move more snow per push and complete the job 30% to 40% faster than a pickup can. No more pickups in this outfit
    ( for snow plowing ) We use pickups to transport the equipment.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

A 5000 or 6000 series Deere, or equivilant sized tractors in other brands... that would be my top choice.