1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How would you plow this??? is this normal?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lmarine, Feb 15, 2007.

1. lmarine

lmarine Member

Hi I have a condo complex I just finished plowing but it was allot of work i think i made for myself. the condo has 180 detached condos all have 8 or 16 foot wide driveways that i also have to clear. Well the first thing i did when i arrived onsite was put six snowblowers to work on the driveways and i plowed the streets, here is where i think i messed up I angled the blade to the curb and then let it rip pushing the snow to the curb. after doing that it made alot of work at the bottom of the 180 driveways is there a better way to do this was i wrong pushing to the curb would quad runners have been able to clear the ends of the driveways? we had 8" of snow we had snow drifts 4 feet high 10 feet wide all the way around the complex would this be an extra charge? it took us a crew of seven with six two stage blowers, ford f8900 10 foot blade and salter,5 walk behind spreaders about10 hours to clear and salt all streets driveways and porches as you can tell I'm a rookie here but I had the streets cleaned in 45 minutes thank you in adavance for your input:confused:
  2. lmarine

lmarine Member

one other note they do not want it backed bladed no trucks on the driveways
    thank you
  3. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

You need to have the streets done first if you are going to be doing both the streets & drives. Otherwise you will need to go back & clean off the ends of the drives so that people can get out. As for the amount, just make sure you have a price per inch so that you are covered for the extra time it takes you for those additional inches. Sounds like a good account if they don't become a headache. Why no trucks on the drives?
  4. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I would plow the street first as you did than I would use a skid steer with a snow blower. That will cut the time down alot and you wont have as many guys working. You will still need atleast one to go around and get the spots you cant get with the skid.
  5. lmarine

lmarine Member

Thanks for the advice i do have a case 1845 c maybe i will think of using this on the large snow falls ,i guess the last guy there was back blading the drives and did some damage its is a bunch of fussy seinors living there they pay but they know what they want
    one of those deals
    thanks guys