1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How would you have handled this?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by icudoucme, Dec 27, 2010.

1. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Wow. ....................

3. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Commentary is awesome. Both guys operating have no excuse. Is it possible someone was in the process of stealing the tow truck and loader? :)

4. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

Wow. Thats pretty unreal. I wish the video would've been a little longer to see what happened next. It looked like they even pulled the suv into the car in front of it! Although, coming from a city that puts plows on their garbage trucks, it really doesn't supprise me I guess.

Its tough to say how I would've go about getting out of there, would be nice to see what was in front of him too. The smartest and safest thing would've been to have the city run the license plates of the two cars, contact the owners and help them move their cars forward. Get a skid steer or something there to dig them out, or tow them forward. It's possible the wrecker could've came from the other side and pulled the rear end of the loader over for more clearance from the car, the operator could've curled his bucket and pushed off from the curb (maybe).

One thing is for sure, if it would've been me, I wouldn't have even bothered trying to swoop into that space to clear it, I would've opened the road with a pass or two right down the center lane.

Edit: I'm assuming it's a city worker because it looks like he's in the street..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  5. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

Would it be too much to go ask if the people would like to move before attempt. The rig was in the wrong spot ,and the loader op was ,,Wellll,, ?on cold meds ??? UNREAL !!!!! Hope they had insurance.

6. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

He should of just used his bucket to push himself backwards. Sure its not another landscraper trying to get to the walmart push?

7. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

wouldn't want either of those guys on my job site! wonder if they have different jobs now?

8. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Its all over the national news channels :)

9. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Thats just unreal :eek: I don't know who is a worse operator, the tow truck guy or the moron in the loader. Hope heads roll :mad:

10. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

It just goes to show that a Ford Explorer isn't even good for leverage. Best laugh I've had this morning!! Yes it's sad. But I still had to laugh.

11. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Spoils of war. I'm not sure what the best thing to do would be. Its a tough call.

12. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

The supervisor stated it was normal hazard of snowremoval but the point is both operators clearly dont have any operating experience with both rigs. I wonder how many unemployed equipment operators/CDL drivers get passed by so someones cousin could work for the city.

13. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

WOW! Ignorant idiots!

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I would have used the winches on the wrecker.... I think that's what they are intended for...

15. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I just saw this this morning over breakfast on CNN. I can't wait until they interview the person who owns the car.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Articulation can get a newbie into trouble but those guys were both idiots. If it just had of scrubbed the car I could understand a little but they new they were wrecking it. You guys do realize in New York City it's just not that easy to find out who owns the car for them to move it. No excuse just saying. Still shaking my head and wishing I could see what happened after.

17. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Wow. That was crazy. i have never seen anthing like that. What were they thinking.

18. Holland

Holland Senior Member

That just rediculous! They should have to pay that out of pocket.

19. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

looks like the tow truck driver would have done better if he would have pulled from the front of the loader! If one of the drivers would have had common sence that would of went a long ways.

20. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

I thought about that too and it probably would've worked better than trying to tug it but I wonder if the ice on the street would've just pulled the wrecker to the loader.