1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how would you handle this? (regarding trigger)

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Mar 5, 2015.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Ok so heres the scenario our area recently encountered. My trigger is 2"

Day 1 - snows just about an inch (lear all commercial lots) and neglected residentials.
    Day 2 - no snow, sun baked the snow that fell the previous day to about 1/2 or 1/3 and inch.
    Day 3 - snow fall accums about .9 an inch., temp is high of 38, no sun.

Snow left on moat drives is about 1-1.15 an inch.

Today temps are low 20's and will be for a few days or so.

Would you have plowed if you get 2 different snow falls equaling just below or @ your trigger ? If the temps were going to be very cold and the snow was going to freeze over i think i would have gone out n cleared but thats not the case. Didnt go out for resi's as trigger was not hit and had no calls asking qhy i was not out. Just wantes to figure out how you guys would have gone about it.

2. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

This is a problem with triggers.

I have most all zero tolerance jobs. One large job 5 acre that has two inch trigger I wait for two inches on one occurrence.

Back to your question...no I would have left it.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Plow one thing plow them all.

4. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Well the commercials i have a 1" trigger. Doc. Office/ physical therapist/ dentist/oral surgeon. Dont want to get caught up with any slip and falls there

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I have had the same type of thing. I plow them and if someone would complain I would just take it off the invoice. So far no one has complained. I just had the other day a 1/2 of snow with 1/4 of ice on top. I plowed all the 1 inchers because for the next few day it will be in the single digits.