1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How would you charge this drive?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by fisher_ma, Nov 6, 2013.

1. fisher_ma

fisher_ma Junior Member
    from SE Mass

So I was giving a price to a homeowner when she mentioned that her neighbors were looking for someone to plow them out the thing is the neighbors share one U shaped driveway. How would you guys go about charging them would you charge one fee and let them split it up or charge each one half of the price?
  2. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

I'm in a similar situation myself and wondering the same thing. I'll be watching this thread. I'm working on a 1/4 mile dirt drive with three separate paved drives coming off of it to three neighbors.

I'm thinking to come up with a price for the 1/4 mile dirt road, then divide that by three and add that to the individual prices for each paved driveway. That's assuming I get all 3 neighbors to sign. If not, I could also give my regular customer a price to do the entire place and let them split it up and get sent one check. Either way it's kind of messy. This is tough because they all share the common dirt lane so they all benefit from getting it plowed. But one neighbor might have a 4x4 truck on super swampers and not care if it's plowed or not. I'm torn on this one.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i have multiple shared drives that i do. when bidding, i ask if they'd like one price for all (and they can dividie up as they see fit), or if they'd like my take on what the breakout should be.

most people go for the later, but some like to break it up in their own.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Charge twice the amount as a normal drive send the bill to one of them and they can fight it out on the split.