1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How will this truck do

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Neil m, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Neil m

Neil m Junior Member

I'm looking at possibly plowing next season, I do lawns the rest of the year.

My question is, how will my truck do. I have a Chevy 2500 extended cab, 8ft box 6.0L. I know its long as heck but will I have any restrictions with size of plows or anything else. For experience I've been running with a friend who plows(I get the shovel and blower).

Thanks Neil
  2. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Hey Neil

I have a Chevy 2500 6.6 Duramax with the long box. Yes its one big truck lol. You can see mine here. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=51034
    I have a Western 7.5' PolyPro plow on my truck and a Dual Electric AirFlow spreader. If you have any questions specific to the truck or possible rigs I did a lot of research on the topic.

They are sometimes a bit tricky to maneuver in and out of tight places but like I said they plow great and there isnt anything they dont move.
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

should be fine, you can check with manufacturer's and see what size blade that they reccomend.
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I have an ex cab long box 2500hd with the 6.0 gasser. Same truck your talking about. I have the Blizzard 810 on it, it is a heavy plow, but with about 7-800 lbs ballast and the torsion bars turned up it handles it very nice. But when I unhook the plow, and still have the ballast in my headlights are pointing for the sky, so I get flashed at night alot if I dont take the ballast out, or at least move it to the front of the box.

Overall I love this truck, lots of room and very comfortable. But one thing that sucks is it is sooooo long that residential driveways suck. I have to backdrag everything, and backdragging takes longer because you have to do it a few times to get it clean. For parking lots and such, it is just awesome, pushes nice wide paths awesome.

So depending on what your gonna be doing with it is when length really becomes a pain. I can tell you next yr I am gonna have a midsize truck with a small blade and back box blade, or maybe even a jeep with the same setup. Those would be 3x faster on the resi's for sure.

I think you can run any plow you want on the front of that truck, if its the hd (well you cant run the big muni plows, but you know what I mean). The diesels are the ones that spec a lighter plow because they are so close to thier front axle weight rating.
  5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure that truck will plow a lot of snow! I see your located in Waukesha, that's pretty cool. I'm in West Bend. :waving:
  6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Take a look at the 8'3" SnoWay 28V Series, it'll be very versitle for resi's as well as commercials and since it has the down pressure system you won't have the backddragging issues that Image is talking about. Best of luck & kepp us posted w/pics!