1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How will this plow work?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mad Mulcher, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mad Mulcher

Mad Mulcher Member

So we got a little bored the other day and decided to make a back dragger plow for our tractor. Will this thing work???

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

plow3.jpg

plow4.jpg

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

plow3.jpg

plow4.jpg

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

:drinkup:hey man that thing looks ready to tear the snow a new one !!!!

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

:D:DFunny!!

4. ACS

ACS Member

Looks Good ! and why wouldnt it work?

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It looks like you have a steel edge on there, you might want to go with rubber or eurathane. That steel might be a bit of a rough ride if you catch a man hole cover or something solid in the ground.

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Heck ya that'll work. Looks great too! looks just like the one we built a few years ago, except we started with an old Fisher blade

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Are you only using the two flat plates as attachment to the moldboard? You need to spread that out and add some triangulation to help prevent lateral movement, vibrations, and chatter. It looks very under supported to me.

I'll second the urethane cutting edge. That will also help if you hit something.

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks like it would work for me, nice job man!:drinkup:

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looks nice man, should work great.:cool:

10. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

That looks good, I would of made the wings a little longer so it could carry more snow though.

11. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Look good job. Why not make backward plow like you saw tractor plow backward.

My Ford 601 is too heavy duty for that but it would bent mount if hit stump or thing that are hard to moving. I bent mount on top link because plow try trip on stump but it push top link mount to bent plus bent top link on tractor. That was 5 mph but surprise it have enough traction keep moving until sudden bang then look at then saw bent.

It could be good project try mount snowplow on front of tractor would be best. More easy plus no more stuck in snow. I hope make mount for tractor with meyer 7'6.