1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how will it plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Surfside, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Surfside

Surfside Member

Have 94 1ton dump 2wd :help: thinking on plowing need ,complete setup..... will it be worth it? Better than my tacoma I suppose!?
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

2wd plowing

A little ballast and a set of tire chains a 2wd will do ok.With good plowing skills you can get pretty far with a 2wd one ton.
  3. Surfside

Surfside Member

salt and sand should work for weight. I have great driving skills but no plowing skills! Wish me luck. slow and steady should win the race. :)
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Just head out a little early...

Just get a jump on it you'll be fine.If you are doing roads you should'nt have any issues.Salt and sand are good but if you are just looking for ballast try some stone.Wont hold the moisture/rot your bed.But sand can be real handy if it does get slippery.Dont forget the shovel.lol

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

good luck this year the plowing skills will come you will learn alot in your first snow fall.
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

It will do fine, I know plenty of people that do, or have plowed with a 2wd ton dump....They work great!