1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Wide is a double wide Driveway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclasslawn, Sep 21, 2006.

1. All the double wide driveways that I plow are 16ft. But I was just informed that many of the new ones are 18ft... Anybody heard this. I am very seriously considering a 16ft backblade and If all new driveways are 18ft then forget it!
  2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

drives that wide are usually short !!
  3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Most driveways double wide driveways are about 16 to 20 ft wide depending. Most double garage door openings are 16 and 18 ft wide. I use to install garage doors and the driveway in most cases are wider then the opening.
  4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i was thinking about your post tonight, and i was wonderiing if you would get alot of tickets driving somthing that wide down a public rd???
  5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

go plow the 16ft rear plow folds to 8 ft for storage. basically its a 8ft pull plow with 2 4ft sections on the sides. they are not cheap at all, jon geer sells them.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Make multiple passes, charge them more.
    More area to clear more cost to them.
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

About 20 feet.