1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Well Would an AWD Bravada Plow?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by NTL1991, Dec 17, 2008.

1. NTL1991

NTL1991 Junior Member

Hello,

I have a 1997 Chevy S-10 Pickup 4x4 with a Meyer TM-6.5 Full-Trip plow and for my uses, it works just fine. It's not as good as my old 1992 Blazer 4x4 with a 6.5' Fisher Speedcast but the S10 PU still works well with a few hundred pounds in the back.

After rolling the truck on it's side and sustaining frame damage, I'm thinking about buying a 1997 AWD Bravada and putting the Meyer on it. Its the same frame and would match up perfectly.

My question is, would a Bravada plow snow as well as a Blazer or would the AWD system limit it completely when compared to the part-time 4WD that a Blazer has. Also, the Bravada has a Posi rear, if that makes a difference. The Bravada and my Pickup also have the same suspension, the Z85. Would the AWD hold up?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Not sure about the Bravada but in Whitinsville MA there is a clean looking blazer with a plow already on it at Trinity Auto which is in the center of town right across from Friendlys if that is what you are looking for. I have no affiliation with him, just thought I would pass it along.

Bruce

3. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I believe they are the same truck, but the badges are different, and the Bravada just has extra junk on it to raise the price. I would think you should not have a problem plowing with it.

4. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

The AWD transfer case on the 97 Bravada is a Borg-Warner 4472. IT is a very stout t-case as it was also used in the Cyclone and Typhoon rigs. It is also used in the Astro and Safari vans through the 1998 year. I plowed snow with my 1998 Astro AWD for 6 winters and we average 170" of snow. I also wheeled it at Paragon Adventure Park for a year before swapping in the NP231. The case was then sold to a guy in Finland and is still working perfectly!

Worst case is if it does die, you can easily swap in a NP231C from a similar year S-10 and be good to go.

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I was down there getting gas so I snapped a photo for ya,
    [​IMG]