1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How well will my wheeled JD 317 skidder do with a 10 V-blade?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jkski, Oct 16, 2012.

1. jkski

jkski Member

I am considering putting a 10 V-blade on my John Deere 317 skidder (tire machine) but am curious how well is will push the snow? Anyone out there have a similar set-up that can comment? Am I just going to sit there and spin or will it move the snow without issue? The tires are general ag type tires and they have plenty of tread.

Just curious.

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I had a deere 240 with the counter weights and I ran a 10 foot pusher and a 9 foot plow with wings. The pusher was way harder on the machine then the blade. The plow was over ten foot with the wing and it ran great. I would have to say you will be just fine. I wouldnt own any plow for a skid steer that was shorter then 10 feet. LOL

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Oh almost forgot, we have run my 8611 on my friends 250 jd a bunch and it runs great. 11 foot wide or scoop all the time it never runs in the 8'6" mode.