1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Well Does A 7.5' V Plow Clear The Tires?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Mar 9, 2014.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm looking for people that have experience with 7.5' V plows to give me some advise and information. I'm going to be buying a new truck this Summer and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a 2nd gen Tundra. I only have two driveways that I plow (sometimes 3) but, one is pretty long and the other has a big parking area I have to plow. I know I don't need a V plow but, I would really like to have one. My question is, how well will a 7.5' V plow clear the tires of a 1/2 ton truck when it's in V or scoop? If it won't clear the tires I'll probably end going with an 8' Fisher HD. I have scene people put 8'2" Boss V plows on Tundras but, I'm still not sure how I feel about having that much weight. If I get a Tundra it will be getting Bilstein 5100's and Timbrens. Thanks for any input you guys have.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Idk about a v but I have a 7.5 on a 3/4 extended cab long bed and don't worry about it.

You can always add wings

3. mercer_me

I'm currently running a 7.5' Fisher strait blade on my Dad's Tundra and it clears the tires when angled. The Boss wings weigh 100lb so when you put them on a 7.5' Boss V it makes it weigh more than an 8'2" Boss V. So, I don't know what to do. I'm just trying to do all my home work before Fall when I go to buy a plow.

4. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

What about a Meyer or snows off v. They're usually lighter

5. mercer_me

I'm not a fan of Meyer plows. What's a "snows off" plow? If you mean Snow Dogg, the Snow Dogg 7.5' VMD weighs the same as a Boss V.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Just bum back a touch from full scoop

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Snow dogg I'm on iPhone. What's wrong with Meyers? They're have a bad reputation for no reason.

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

9. mercer_me

True, I never thought of that.

That might be true about Meyer but, I have heard a lot of bad things about them and the Meyer dealer in my area sucks.

Thanks for posting that. I'll have to do some measuring before I buy a plow.

10. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Nothing to measure. Everything is online.

A boss 7.5 V is 74" in scoop and a 2nd gen Tundra is 67.9" wide at the tires.

11. mercer_me

Thanks for the info. I never thought to look online but, I'm a little old school when it comes to some online information and I'm only 20. :dizzy:

12. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member