1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How we save money and time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AA+ Landscaping, Nov 24, 2009.

1. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

We have 12 residential and 4 commercial accounts. We only have 2 plow trucks and we can't sacrifice a plow truck to go and do the residential driveways, so we use this. It takes approximately 15 minutes to load, unload and clear the sidewalks and driveway with a 2 man crew. We only have about $3500 invested in equipment and that has been paid for at least two times over. The only problem is you need a bigger person to run this beast and even then it sometimes tosses him around. :laughing:

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats one big ass snowblower, bet it run through almost anything.

I will stick to my truck though.
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

except its WAYYYYY underpowered.... that size motor belongs on a 30"
  4. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Nice blower AA+. R U ready? I think we got time yet.
  5. AA+ Landscaping

Hi Ford550, We just got all of the snow equipment out of storage about two weeks ago. Everything was serviced and runs and is ready to go. We just put a new Western 8.5 Vee plow on our Dodge 2500. Just trying to be as efficent as possible. Now we just need some snow! I heard that late next week it is going to start to get cold. Maybe down into the thirties. Thanksgiving is a couple of days away and it definately doesn't feel like it here!
  6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice dually snowblower-never seen something like that before.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah seriously! I was looking to get one of those for a condo place we use to do. It was the Cub Cadet version and the motor was only like a 10 or 11 hp engine. We have a new Ariens 28" blower with a 9.5 hp Snow King motor and it boggs down a bit in heavy snow, but we're talking almost double the width with that thing. Good luck with it.
  8. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

awesome piece of equipment you have there. i bet it throws snow a country mile
  9. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

damn thats big. Saw one like that in Lowes. Where you at in Eastern, PA? I heard snow snowers Dec 1, but that's to far ahead to be accurate lol.
  10. AA+ Landscaping

Actually, that's where I got it, at the Lowe's on Freemansburg Ave in Easton last year. It works great! I am located on the South side of Allentown. I think the weather forecasters tease us by forecasting snow...and then nothing happens. Oh well back to bed then. :)

As far as how far it throws snow, I don't know because I stay nice and cozy in the truck plowing! :D
  11. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

jeasus that things needs to have a 4cyl. mounted on that thing my shoveler guys would quit if i told them to unload and load that thing the back of there truck
  12. AA+ Landscaping

My guys load and unload it on a landscaping trailer. We use the back of the truck for bags of ice melt. :eek:
  13. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I'd kill my guys if they spent 15 minutes on a driveway with 2 guys. Seems odd to me, you already need a truck to drag the trailer with the blower around; so for what you have into the trailer and blower, you could have hung a damn nice plow on the truck and been done with it. You'd cut your time by 2/3rds and make a lot more money... Maybe I'm missing something though and I've been doing it wrong all along... :dizzy:
  14. d8on27@msn.com

d8on27@msn.com Junior Member
    from iowa

Or you could just send two guys in an S-10 with two Toro 3650's and two shovels. Standard two stall front facing garage driveway ,stoop, and walks takes us 8 minutes. Averaged 5.5 accounts an hour last year.
  15. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

d8 where did you find all the .5 driveways lol
  16. Premier

Premier Senior Member

that thing is a beast! what motor does it have on it?