1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How warm does your common rail cummins get with the plow on

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ajcoop20, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Just wondering how warm your common rails (03+) get when you have the plow on. driving around in 40-45 degree weather with the plow up mine will get up to 214-216 and then the fan kicks in and cools it down to 190-195. Just wondering what everyone elses does.

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Just wondering why you are driving around with plow on in 40-45 degree weather. But yeah thats the norm fan kicks in at 210

3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Just havent taken the plow off since i brought it home. had no reason to. And i figured that it was a good test of its cooling system

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

mine will stay around 200 if it does gets above the fan drops it right down.

5. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

sno commander do yo have a digital gauge or just going by the stock gauge, my stock gauge reads just a tick over the 200 degree mark when its 216 on my digital gauge.

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Can you please remove your plow ?? You are doing a anti snow dance with your Cummins!!

Temps on the Cummins are always cooler than the gassers. Haven't heard of many overheating issues with the Dodge diesels.

7. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

i removed the plow today, cleaned the truck up, and took a 2week job at the local chrysler plant (my day job as a journeymen wiremen) so its bound to snow here pretty soon!

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

2005 with a BOSS vxt and a 2006 with a Meyer straight blade wouldnt get over 200.

No snow = no plow! Thumbs Up

9. 08SnowPusher

08SnowPusher Member

I have never seen anything over 201. My digital gauge appears to display the same temp as the factory gauge.