1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How tough is Polycarbonate

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by toby4492, Mar 6, 2008.

1. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here are a couple photos of a vehicle and v-plow that were involved in an accident. The car involved (no photos) was a total loss.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What about the plow?
    Will Sno-Way do anything to help out? Maybe keep it for display to show how tough it is.

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

wow crazy.. was the blade in that straight like that or was it in the v when it was hit do you know?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No but tempers were runnning high when i took the pics. The plow operator was at fault and they weren't real communitive. The truck had 38 miles on it and was driven by a dealership service writer I will try to get more info and pics of the car if possable.

The plow still operates, noisy, not SQ on any plane, only lines up on the operator modified mount :rolleyes: but it still works.

Note the poly only has one "smear" but it broke a hinge lug clean off.:eek:

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

so this is your customer? B

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes but i can't figure the pic posting thing out so i depend on Tom:blush2:

It belongs to a car dealer who got two of them. Delivered on Monday, Snow on Friday, total the plow on Saturday.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just a tip: The pics are waaay too big. :)

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Well I want those big for detail, insurances company can make me:dizzy:

I try with the little ones too an I just can't get it to work.:confused:

Maybe if SW made the camera i'd understand it better:rolleyes:

9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

looks impressive.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can take then at any size necessary, make an extra copy, resize the extra's and them post them.

They have to be under 100kb in size..usually 800X600 is small enough for a jpeg file to post but you can also go down to 640X480 to be sure they're sized small enough and they will still be plenty large enough to see. I'll help ya with posting pics if you want.

Too bad they don't manufacture humans. Invisible men. :)

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Who said that?

12. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Lexan is tough stuff allright-----just Do NOT come anywhere near it with brake cleaner--it will dissolve. Don't ask how I know this.

13. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I think its the metal behind the poly that kept it from breaking...not the poly. Whats amazed me, is that poly does not break when it gets real cold, as most plastic turns super brittle

14. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

it's bullet proof....literaly bullet proof. maybe need to be a little thicker than what's on the snoway but i think it's the same product? TOM is it?

nice lookin plow there guy's

15. toby4492

Yes PJ polycarbonate is used in some bullet proofing applications. Because it is light in weight, has superior strength, and has a low coefficent of drag it makes an excellent moldboard surface.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As well as a "car deflector" based on the pics. :D

17. toby4492

Somehow I missed the obvious B&B. Thanks. :drinkup::D

18. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

doesn't look like those.."grade 8" bolts held up to well on that sub-frame...haha..