1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by XplowX, Jun 25, 2009.

1. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

Ive been plowing for 4 years now, all residential, now i want to go commercial, how do i go about getting a business set-up, ive all ready checked into insurances, and i have all the equipment already. Can you guys give me some pointers. Thanks

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

A) SEARCH:nod: B) You could always try subbing for a comm. guy.

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Good answers for you.

It will be a different level of service and requirements than you are use to. You will learn more ropes teaming up with a company who has been doing this for a while.

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Know your costs first!

All the help offered is great on this site. However, I have one suggestion on pricing. Calculate your costs per hour of operation for your company based on your overhead and expenses. I made the same mistakes for the first nine years I was in business. That mistake was asking what to charge. Unfortunately, we all have different overhead, expenses and use-rates. Thus all of our break-even costs are different.

I have a CD called know why you charge what you charge that you simply enter your company data (such as cost for equipment, insurance, use-rates, etc) onto the spreadsheet and it will calculate your break-even costs per hour for your company. From that point, you ad what your particular market will bear for the service being offered. Visit our website at www.profitsareus.com or call me @ 800-845-0499 if you have any questions. We are also a sponsor on plowsite. We have a great snow & ice management bidding package available that includes a comprehensive snow & ice management manual, a CD full of different snow templates for contracts, bidding, proposals, etc and a CD Quick Estimator for snow & ice management that calculates per push, seasonal and flat rate pricing. It also calculates hand-labor, deicing material rates and liquid applications rates as well.

It is simple, accurate and professional. You can calculate costs per hour of operation for any service you offer such as mowing, landscaping, fert. & weed control etc.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

READ the forums. Your question has been answered MANY MANY times.