1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to:

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by zeeman, Jul 18, 2016.

1. zeeman

zeeman Junior Member

Make a remote switch so one can turn on/off & change flash patterns on hideaway Vertex LED's? Had a guy make one for me a few years back when I had Whelen strobe tubes in my light housings. Somehow he had a FOB looking device with 3-4 buttons on it he used. Thinking back I believe it had a receiver mounted onto the control box I assume was wired into that device some how?
    Any help is always appreciated.....

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

3. zeeman

zeeman Junior Member

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

My bad.....

Question, why are you trying to do that?

Just trying to paint a picture of what ur trying to accomplish

5. zeeman

zeeman Junior Member

Hey old dog..lol
    Guess I should've said that initially in my first post...my bad... But these lights go on my Corvette.
    I basically "show" my Corvette at shows & do parades and had strobes installed 5-6 other times on my previous Corvettes... But as I sell them eventually, the lighting goes with the sale. But on my previous Corvette the installer had configured this remote where I could have in hand & activate the strobe lights with a push of a button. That installer passed away about 2 years ago of a heart attack (49 yo)... And only he knew what he did to come up with that awesome remote switch. It appeared to resemble a car key fob... Had on it, 3-4 buttons... One turned it on, other ones changed flash patterns and one turned it off... Hope this helps to explain what I'm looking for....
    Thanks

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

7. zeeman

zeeman Junior Member

remote switch

joeflorida basically is for motorcycles...couldn't find anything on their website which mentioned hideaways.....

8. Epiccookie55

Epiccookie55 Junior Member

9. zeeman

zeeman Junior Member