1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to work this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BossPlowGuy04, Nov 24, 2008.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

ok guys it suppose to snow for the next 24 hours or so it has just started and its suppose to snow through 1:00am tmmrow. so how do i handel the snow removal do i just keep after it with salt all day tmmrow or do i let it build though the day and then push it? i have 10 business that i take care of so i don't want there to be to much build up. how do you guys normaly handel this?? also i'm planning on going out in the morning if there is enough to plow i will plow if not i will salt.
    thanks
    alex

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

it all depends on the account and what they are willing to pay for...if i plow twice, they pay twice

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If its a light snow we will salt then wait till the business close tomorrow. If its lots of snow we would plow while cars are in the lot so it dosnt pile up

4. Mayosnowfish

Mayosnowfish Junior Member

Those extended snowfalls are great for additional billings... I work my contracts on a set $ amount based on 24 HRS snowfall from 7am-6:59am. I use the National Weather Service reporting stations local reported amounts for documentation for my clients. My customer base requests continued plowing services thru these events and my services are priced to include multiple visits to "Keep the site accessible during regular business hours"

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like your going to be taking some naps in the truck :)

Depending on what your accounts accept I would have them clear and ready in the AM for opening with salt/plowing (whichever needed). Take a nap, and Then wait until the trigger is hit again and keep at it!

Good luck!

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

keep hitting it every time it hits your trigger, thats what they want out of us, I will go and get my morning time requirement done then look at the forcast if they are still talking more snow look at the radas we what's still a head and do whats Appropriate (example if it ain 't looking like it's going to hit the trigger then sand/ salt, i and hit the sidewalks again because they always bit$% about them. if it's going to hit trigger again go open drives, do all sidewalks, and tell it stops then wait tell after they close and do final clean-up

7. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Depends on the account. I have one main account that I start plowing when it hits 1". If it is snowing a .5-.75" per hour I will get to go home about 3 hrs after the last snow flake falls.