1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to wire up headlights for 75 chevy

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kevs75, Nov 20, 2005.

1. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

I have a 75 chevy truck and just got a used western plow for it. The turn signals I got wired up but what is the best way to wire up the headlights? They have the ground which attaches to the bezel and then theres 2 wires that come out for the light. I would like to run a switch which I could turn on to cut out the main headlights and run the plow headlights. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The easiest way is to get a 6 terminal switch/ 2 postion. Find the high beam and low beam wires in the loom on the drivers side fender, cut both wires and extend them back into the cab, these 2 wires will go on the center terminals on the back of the switch (one side of the switch will now be for high beam and the other will be for low beam). Take 2 wires from the bottom terminals on the switch and run them back to the 2 wires you cut that go to the truck lights (keeping low on one side and high on the other still). From the other two terminals run them out to the plow lights for you high and low. Now when you turn the truck lights on, depending where you have the switch positioned you will either be on the truck lights or the plow lights.
  3. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

Thanks for the advise crash I'll go ahead and try that. Kevin