1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to use fluid film?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by vmj, Sep 23, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I bought a spray can last year and sprayed my sander chain with it for the summer... I have no rust on chain... So now i'm a big beliver in this stuff!!! My two questions are- Can i spray my truck frame with a pump sprayer? Will a Gal be enough for one tuck? and what about power spraying the frame when washing off the truck during the winter' will this remove it???
    THANKS,

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Gallon will work but it's a little thick for some pump sprayers. If you power wash it will take some off so reapply it.
    Dano will be happy to sell you more if you run out!

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks, would it be better not to hose off the frame then? also i'm looking for prices for this because i dont remember where i bought the cans that i bought last year...

4. grandview

Go to the dealer locator and put your zip code in and find the nearest dealer.

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I clicked on their ad on this page but it didn't have any dealer locator thumb nail on it....

6. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I think grandview may have meant the dealer locator on Fluid Film's homepage:

http://www.fluid-film.com/shop/index.html

7. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Man, no reason for me to even be on here. :D

Thanks guys!

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I put FF on my truck frame when I was putting my AirLift springs in. I didn't want salt and crap to get between the brackets and frame. I coated the frame and the brackets. I used a paint brush, seemed to work OK. Obviously not as efficient as a sprayer, but just as effective.

I think you'll find that a regular garden hose won't take very much FF off if your hosing the truck down after each storm or so.

9. grandview

Dano ,we'll be more then happy to share your paycheck with you!

10. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I was on the home page,and it didn't show the locater yesterday but it did today... thanks, dam computer.... i have no dealers around me.. i also saw on web site to use a airless sprayer and on the forum i saw a pump sprayer, which is better. or should i use a undercoating gun? And is their two dif mixes? a liquid and a paste? i was told there was and the past was better since it lasted longer... THANKS

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do some reading through the FF forum, there's a bunch of ideas. The airless sprayer seems popular, as well as "modified" undercoating guns. Plenty to read. The aerosol cans come out thinner, but I like the gallon.

12. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Sorry to pick this thread, but can I just get under my jeep and just spray everything with FF?? (Engine compart., body, frame, exhaust, wires) No discretion as to what it goes on? How many airsol cans do youthink it will take to coat the underside of a 06 LJ?

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Let it rip. Buy a case. You'll use it somewhere, it won't take long.

Dano - make referral check payable to The Dog Napper :laughing::laughing:

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Keep it off exhaust components as much as possible as it gives off a rather unpleasant oder...until it burns off anyway. So you're simply wasting product.

* Disclaimer: Doesn't apply to Grandview :D

15. grandview

Just spreading the joy of FF !

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good catch on the exhaust - thanks:D

He doesn't need the cops thinking he's dragging little old ladies around under there.

17. grandview

[​IMG]

18. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

wooohooo! speaking of Joy of Fluid Film, Whats up every body?!?!?

19. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Is it ok for marine applications.

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic