1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to transport Snowblower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mikemat31, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Hi all I am a high school student I do snow removal on the side and I was looking for a snowblower. My dad has a 24in Craftsman that has a plastic chute and it just fits in the back of an explorer. I am looking for independence and I wanted to buy my own preferably an Ariens however the chute deflector seems to be to high. Normally with the craftsman we open the lift gate of the explorer and the handle of the snowblower sticks out. I am not sure what do and how to transport it. If there is no way around that can someone recommend a blower with a smaller chute.

thanks so much

mike

2. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

If you already have a hitch your best but would be to buy this for your hitch.

snowblower.jpg

snowblower.jpg

3. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Buy one of these..... never mind snowman beat me too it while i was posting. hahah

52018onexplorer_375.jpg

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

5. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

I am only a sophmore and I don't have the truck it is the kid who I go with its his truck as I can't drive yet. wondering if anyone knows how to fit it in the trunk

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. born2farm

what blower are you looking at? might be a way to make the chute removeable

7. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

If you went with a 2 cycle you could lay it down inside and probaly close the gate too.

8. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

yes I could do that however we don't have a plow so our main machine is the blower so it is vital that we use a two stage blower if possible.

9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

If you guys are working together to make money then you have to spend some money up front. Just get one of those racks yourself and only put it on when you need to snow blow. Then when you do get your licence you'll have it for your vehicle.

10. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

11. born2farm

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  12. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

haha you can tell I am new to this....got to start somewhere

13. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

i am looking at the ariens compact 26 and the toro powermax

14. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I usually just let the woman sit in the passenger seat, and her shovel rides in the back

15. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

hahaha, nice.

As for the Ariens and Toro blowers they both will do the job. I prefer toro but have used ariens without problems. I haven't used the new joystick style chute control on the toros but have heard some people are having problems with them freezing up from ice and snow.

16. TSherman

TSherman Member

I can't believe this is even a post here!

17. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Should I be sorry not everyone has top of the line vehicle with plows and such. If anything professional, if you are even are one, you should be condoning a high school student doing this. You have to start somewhere and I almost positive that most people started out by doing what I am doing. Thanks for your comment

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  18. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

theres really no need for a 2 stage a singe stage works 100% fine i use a toro 2450 single stage for 13 drives with no problem. imo 2 stage are for uneducated home owners who thin the bigger the machine the better

19. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

i think you need bolt one for under 6 and one for over or what ever

20. deepinit

deepinit Junior Member
    from Pa

LOL Best of the DAy! :laughing::laughing::laughing: