1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to transport a snow blower with a box salter in the bed?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Darafayen, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

Im curious how you guys carry your blowers if you have a salter in the bed? if someone could give me any information possible i would appreciate it very much. been trying to figure out myself what to do just cant really come up with anything. I have a 8 foot box so maybe go with a smaller salter?

Jay

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Tie it to the salter.
    Have someone else carry it around
    Get a smaller salter
    put it in the cab of the truck

3. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blower etc.

Depending on your salter can you tie down with bungee cord to hold it on top of the salter?

If you have a screen over the salter you can tie down to the screen, just be sure to tie it down around the wheels and then the handle(wrap it a couple of times) of the blower(if you have the clearance around the wheels) as this area will not allow much slippage versus just across the engine cover.

Is your hitch at all exposed? one of those carry all things that slip into the square receivers would work nicely as you can carry fuel and the blower both.

leon

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

would that not just catch the salt he is spreading and completely get in the way

5. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Put it in the salter!!! Had an older Toro power curve that rode in the salter for years, in fact the toro outlasted the salter. Just try not to fill the salter with the Toro inside!!!

6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Learn from experience? :laughing: