1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to tighten center pin on new v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Bigplower, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

Putting together a new boss v plow and can't find a way to tighten the pin that connect the push frame to the plow. The one end has a nut the other end has nothing to grip on to and it just spins. What am I missing?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Pics?.... .

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Put the pin in from other side.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

An air impact / it will tighten right up.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This......

6. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

It says to have pin with nut side on passenger side which I do have.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

But that's on the outside, would it hinge the opposite way then?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

9. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

Air impact didn't work but it might just be that my impact is a piece and not that powerful

10. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

No cotter pins for this

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the loose Horizontal Hinge Pin (102C) that is inserted in the Center Section (2).
    8. Slide TFR09708 Push Frame (3) into Center Section (2). Re-insert Horizontal Hinge Pin (102C) through Center Section (2) and Push Frame (3) with the nut on the passenger side. Apply threadlock to threads add washer (102B) and nut (102A) and torque to 113 FT/LBS. For heavy

12. 1olddogtwo

I don't own a boss but repair enough of them. We talking about the bolt that runs right to left, where the blade would rotate forward when tripping?

13. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Your impact may just not have it. :( I have done one but had no issue. Push the A frame down to bind up the pin? Put the trip springs on to bind up the pin? Just ideas....

14. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

Correct you are!

15. 1olddogtwo

Last season, pushin to please (Ron) bend/tore up the push beam. To our surprise, the nut had been gone a looooong time. He never noticed cause in Vee the wings hid it. The threads were on the driverside prior to disassemble. We bought a nut, cleaned up the pin (new was two backorder) and put the pin in from the pass to drivers. Impacted it is still going good day.

16. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

get a friend and a large set of channel locks and I ran the impact its what I did and mine hasn't loosened ever

17. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

im assuming its a DXT

18. Bigplower

Bigplower Member

Correct put I also put together a XT this week and had the same problem. I think I am just going to weld the nut to the bolt...

19. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

I always did . its the safest bet . dont want her backing out.:eek:

20. BossEric

BossEric Member

Hey Bro, Just a little advice, if you can avoid it , don't weld the nut . If you ever have trouble ,and need to take it apart , then you'll end up buying a new center pin.We've put together hundreds of Boss V-plows , per instructions, never had a problem with losing a center pin nut.As the other guys have said,use a good strong impact ,put downward pressure on the center section and hammer it home. It's gona spin some , but it'll hold .Remember the nut has groves and must be turned the correct way, also as Boss instructs use the loctight provided.Just want to help.