1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to test a snow plow that is not connected to a truck?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Collision, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Collision

Collision Junior Member

Hello, this is my first post on the forum, and I cant find my answer anywhere else. I found a snow plow on Craigslist for my truck. It was on a 87 f250, but I think it will work on my 95 f250. Its a 7.5 foot fisher, it has some rust, but it looks like I can clean it up. My concern is the plow has been disconnected from the truck, including the electrical. Is there a way to test the hydraulics?
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Not really.....lease not for the avg joe....also would be very dangerous.

The plow it self doesn't dictate which truck. The plow it self can go on any manufacturers truck, it's the "truckside" that matters. Each line of trucks has there own mount, that part isn't universal along with specific wiring for the headlights and etc.

The wiring night be the same for the 87 to the 95, but I don't know if the mount is the same. I would go on Fisher's website and plug in each trucks info and compare part numbers. Its under E-match. Then check availability for a 20 old truck
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  3. Collision

Collision Junior Member

The numbers are the same, but the headlights are different. Is it a bad idea to buy a plow that you cant test?
  4. Collision

Collision Junior Member

Never mind, the mount is different. Id have to find a 1992-1997 mount
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You can always post the Craigslist add. We can see what it looks like. Try to find something newer.
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a REALLY good deal it might 've worth it. However, unless you know what your looking for you might be buying someone else's problems