1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to tell is remote receiver is going bad???

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Rhinohd, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Ok I thought I had a ground issue but turns out to be something different. I hook up my plow today and it starts to work then nothing. This has happened last season but it would always start working. This year it did not. Last time it happened (this season) I checked all the connections, cleaned all the ground points and it started to work after 4 hours of messing with it. Today it did the same thing, I cleaned the ground from the truck to the plow and it worked for a sec and then nothing. So I start to look for some sort of short someplace and nothing looked bad under the cover. I moved the wires one by one while I was using the remote and finally I think I might have found it. It looks like the whole “remote box” is bad. I zip tied its wires up so they would stay in that position and it seemed to work ok tonight. I would take it to the dealer but they are a bunch of #)$(*s and I would like to fix it myself rather then give them more of my money. I just bought the plow 50 some odd months ago so I think the warranty on the electronic may be up (correct me if I am wrong).

So is there anyway to tell if it’s going bad... Also anyone know how much the part runs, or if it's still under warranty??

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you replaced the batterys in your remote?

3. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Yes that's the first thing I did... Been there done that in the past lol...

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

make sure all the pins in the harness are tight in the plug. Could be a wire that's not "set" make intermittent contact.

5. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

I will check it out when I go to take the plow off tonight... So are the electronice still cover by the warranty? I bought it in sept of 2004...