1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to target new customers for snowblowing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 09dieselguy, Aug 23, 2010.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

this year i am thinking about targeting a little city that needs to have the nsow removed. there isnt enough room in most of these places to pile the snow cause of sidewalks and little yards plus who wants a huge pile in their yard all winter. im thinking about getting a skid with a blower on it and targeting the area dirtectly around me with snow blowing these little area's. the area im looking at is no greater then 5x5 mile square. there is a ton of homes in these areas with very nice properties that id like to mantain year around.

the question is.

how should i sell this service to the customers in such a manor that it will be profitable for me to purchase or rent a skid with a blower.

as of right now i dont have any summer work for it yet but im sure it will be used for mulch and small landscaping jobs.

i do plan to travel the roads with it as its alot of side streets and we dont have any problems with the local pd with taking a skid down the road. weve had them running down the sidewalks here in the summer to get fuel as well with no problems.

what is a fair price to charge for a driveway around 50 to 6 foot long with 2 car wide?

we will also run behind the skidsteer and salt if the home owner is interested in such service.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Figure out who your customers are, then sell your service to them. Tell them what you do and what benefit they'll have from hiring you.

a 25 square mile city is NOT small. Perhaps it is sparsely populated, but your skid will only do 8 or so MPH, so I wouldn't be going from one side to the other. Try to keep your route TIGHT.