1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to take plastic cover off of curtis??

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by THEGOLDPRO, Dec 31, 2007.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

how the hell do i get the plastic cover off of the snopro 3000?? lol it looks like a pain in the ass compaired to the boss plow covers, and the blizzard covers im used to.

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

take a small flat screwdriver and turn the screws out. (They only come out about a half inch.), then, take a pair of pliars and pull them out. The little white insert will most likely come out with it. Also, on the back of the plow is a bolt ( I think 9/16 ). That needs to come out too. You should be golen after that.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

You may also want to remove the lift chain or increase the slack so you can get more clearence to get the darn thing out without breaking it!

Oh by the way if anyone needs one these covers I have a good used one $30 + shipping, What a deal! Curtis gets over $ 70 bucks for it new!

I also have a good used pump as well, $300 , The power jack even worked o this one! lol

Jay

508 753 6617

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they should of used wing nuts or something diffrent

5. THEGOLDPRO

thats what im thinking, my blizzard, and boss both use a wingnut system, but for some reason the curtis needs to use a screwdriver, and a wrench, lol

thanks guys this helped alot.

6. PLOWMAN45

then you need a hammer to get it back in sometimes

7. THEGOLDPRO

oh sweet, lol cant wait to break this thing trying to pry it off and bang it back on.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Then PLOWMAN can sell you his. Maybe that's why he says to use a hammer?!?! Hahahaha.:D

9. THEGOLDPRO

lol sounds like it.

10. PLOWMAN45

hey i wanna sell the whole plow brand new any takers

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

GoldPro: just take a hammer to the whole plow now. Hahahahaha. Just kidding around. How much are you looking to get for it PLOWMAN? Why hasn't it been used?

12. PLOWMAN45

i have had it for 2 years i paid 4200 its on my truck

13. THEGOLDPRO

ok so i changed the fluid today, and totaly thought the little plastic clips were gay, so i ripped em out and tapped the holes, now im using bolts to hold the cap down, much better then the crappy one time use plastic clips.

14. PLOWMAN45

what size bolts are using lock nuts or

15. THEGOLDPRO

ah christ im not too sure on the bolt size to tell you truthfully, i have a horrible memory, i just grabbed the tap that was slightly bigger then the holes and went to town, then grabbed some bolts from a bin i have. no lock washers, they arent going anywhere.

16. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I think I used 1/4" stainless bolts.

17. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I bought mine in November of 06 and I have threaded bolts too hold my cover on. I thought it was a crappy way too do things if you have too get in and maintain something. May be Curtis wants us too neglect it so they can have major repairs. Lol.

Mak.

18. THEGOLDPRO

that was what i thought as well.almost like they want you to get upset at it and just take it to the curtis dealer, lol

19. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Yea whats wrong with a nice plastic or metal box with a hinged lid on it too have easy access, There is a method to there madness to benifit them.

Mak.

20. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Just had mine off for an oil change and I lied. I used 5/16" stainless bolts.