1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to stop the trail of snow between the V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Rick-wy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Rick-wy

Rick-wy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

My hand wrecked my Ram charger with my 10 year old Western- what a great machine. I thought I would try a Boss V plow. So I purchased an older 8'2" boss V. Plow works well except it leaves a significant trail of snow in the center of the plow between the edges of the two blades. Has anybody figured out a solution to this problem?
    Rick

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

It sounds like you need the new style formed cutting edges. i have heard they will fit on an rt2 with a little trimming if thats the kind of plow you have,

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Have a Blizzard follow - clean up the mess caused by the boss:waving:

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The new cutting edges work great for the trail left behind.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The guy is asking how to fix his plow that he already owns, not which plow to buy to solve the problem. On top of that, with the drifting they've been getting, a Blizzard is more than likely worthless in his location.

Stop trolling, Blizzard's are not the answer for every situation. If you don't have a solution to his current problem, don't post.

Rick, the other guys were correct, you either need a new edge with the center piece or just a new center piece.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Oh, I see your over here in the Boss forum too. I guess I'll ask again, how many Boss's do you own?

8. Rick-wy

Rick-wy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Grandview,
    I looked at your pictures, the plow looks like mine. I can't really tell, bit were you able to install new blades to fill in the space left by the V? Do the new blades overlap each other when they go to the "scoop" position?

I installed a new set of blades- they broke the first couple of days. The ends are narrow at the V. So the dealer suggested I double up the blades- which has worked Ok. Odd the dealer didn’t suggest using the new blades- I must say I am quite disappointed with them.

9. Rick-wy

Rick-wy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Mark,

Thanks- I don't have a center piece- looks like the previous owner ran the blades so long they wore down to the plow frame. I will call the deale r again- they had the plow in their shop right after I bought it so I could make sure it was ready.
    I hate to say it but sometimes I follow the plow with my fourwheeler to roll the trail left by the V. Very time consuming- If I don't get it fixed soon I will buy something different.

Rick

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Rick, here's a pic of the new style formed edges that do away with the center snow catcher on the older RT3's and fix the gap problems with the old edges on the RT2 plows. You can see that the edges are formed and "butted" almost together in the center, thus fixing the snow trail problem.

vplow.jpg

11. Rick-wy

Rick-wy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Thanks for the picture, I am going to call and get set of the new style blades. Who is your dealer?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

13. Rick-wy

Rick-wy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Thanks,
    I will order a set and get them installed- no snow here until Monday- if a guy can believe the weather man

14. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's what they look like. when you go and pick them up bring the credit card with the big limit!:cry:

16. Rick-wy

Rick-wy Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Thanks for the link!

I have tried several band-aids with conveyor belting to cover the hole in the front. The movement that takes place from scoop to V is substantial. I didn’t think the solid patch on the back world stretch enough. I will make one and give it a try.

Rick
    :redbounce

17. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Hey Rick-wy, Sorry for making a statement on a blizzard plow and not posting an answer to your question. I was not aware it was 100% serious all the time and I would offend some people. Perhaps all non informative replys should be covered in "OFF TOPIC"

18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: Don't you have a wing to go fix:rolleyes:

The new formed edges will fit on your RTII with a little grinding in the center to make room for the hinge.

Now with the new formed edge installed on my Boss v, no more trail off.
    Not that it was that big of a deal before.

19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Funny this topic coming up... I recently replaced the cutting edges on one of my RT2s and all of a sudden I'm having this problem as well--funny, the old edges never really did this!! If they had I would have been looking at the newer style edges already too. So they do fit with a little trimming? Same bolt pattern and all?

RT2s don't have a hoof, RT3s do.

Yes, the "Blizzard Buzzards" are back at it. Swooping in to pick the carcass of other peoples problems.

How do we end world hunger? Simple, plow with a Blizzard.

Can we put the world as ease from terrorist attacks? Sure we can. Just replace your current plow with a Blizzard.

When will people learn not to Drink and Drive? Once every plow truck has a Blizzard on it, the world will be a perfect place.

I have an ATV and my plow caught a crack in the sidewalk and bent. Can I repair it? Yes. You should put a Blizzard 810 on it. Thats the only repair.

I have snow 8' deep in my driveway. My truck is buried and can't move. What should I do? If you had a Blizzard you wouldn't be in this predicament. Snow would be afraid to drop on your property.

20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It would solve all the worlds problems too.

A blizzard in every drive......:waving: