1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How to slow down the plow drop speed?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Dec 18, 2009.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

How do I adjust how fast the plow drops when I hit "Down" It slams down pretty hard and fast right now, I want to soften that up a bit. This is an 8100PP
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Look on the passenger side of your green manifold, by the motor. You will see a screw about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Turn it in to slow down. If you turn it in too much, it won't drop. Only make the adjustment with the plow down unless it gets stuck in the up position when you hit the down button. But stay clear of the blade, as it will drop it this happens. Go to the Blizzard site and look up publications if you're unsure of which screw to turn. There are also wing relief adjustments that have the same looking screw. Good Luck.
  3. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

I should have checked there first. Thanks for the pointer. Here's the diagram for anyone else with the same question.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've been trying to figure this out, but mine doesn't look anything like this diagram. 99 810 where should I look? I want to increase my drop speed, it floats down too slowly.
  5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Pull manifold cover, it will be the black plastic knob on the back of the manifold, towards passenger side bottom. Turn in to slow down. There is a locknut behind it. If it doesn't move, take off plastic knob, loosen set nut behind it.Snug down nut when you're done, and adjustment can't back off.
  6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Dan, 99's don't have the knob alluded too above. You need to pull the elbow out of port #3 on the bottom of the manifold. There is an orifice that restricts returned hydraulic oil for the float function. My choice is to remove this. It's really just a washer with a small hole in it. It'll drop nice and quick after doing that.
  7. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Yea, Johnny, you're right, I forgot about the little washer with the hole in it. You can drill the hole out a little bigger and try it. I ASSUMED it had a newer manifold since they had so many problems with them, and replaced a lot of them I have seen.

But then, that's what I get for ASS U M ING !!!!