1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how to set up the controler on a stick shift

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Johnny V, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Johnny V

Johnny V Member

OK you guys have been great. I am bringing my 2004 crew cab full size 6 speed diesel ram to have my plow mounted this week.

The plow is a Western 8' contractors plow that is brand new. The question is what way can I hook up my plow controls to my stick shift???? I bought the plow with a joystick controller.

The thought I had was get the joystick controller and mount it right onto the stick shift so I can shift and control my plow all with my right hand, all at the same time.

Anyone out there has any good ideas before I go to the plow shop? Was going to ask him, but if he had no ideas on how to mount the controller I will just have all the wires put in and mount the controller myself....

anyone????? :confused:
  2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

guy i work with did it with his Meyers controller just wire tied the wires to the shifter made up a little bracket to mount the controller to then just used a couple of hose clamps a piece of radiator hose so it wouldn't slide around or make any noise he says it worked great
  3. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

I'm not sure what your controller looks like. I run hinikers with 4 and 5 speeds. they are real easy to mount to the stick. Just get some thin angle iron ,drill two holes in it to fit the controller holes on the bottom, then on the other part of the angle use a small u-bolt to go around the stick. I use a u-joint strap off a chevy rear end. put a piece of rubber or black tape around the stick to stop vibration. Hope this helps.
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Go with the handheld unit on the Westerns and Fishers for Standard Shifters. YOu can hold the control in you hand and palm the shifter.